Reload this Page >

Perth- Pro Rugby League ?

Perth- Pro Rugby League ?

Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:27 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth- Pro Rugby League ?

Hi Everyone

At start of migration process in Uk but a big rugby league fan.

I notice perth is not represented in the NRL since the demise of Peeth City Reds ,but may be reforming again in the near future ??

Replies welcomed...

Oldhamer
UK
Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:30 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth- Pro Rugby League ?

Originally Posted by mindblower
Hi Everyone

I notice perth is not represented in the NRL since the demise of Peeth City Reds ,but may be reforming again in the near future ??

Replies welcomed...

Oldhamer
UK

Doubt it very much.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 9:07 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Replies welcomed...

Oldhamer
UK
Go the Western Force
Real Rugby
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:58 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Replies welcomed...

Oldhamer
UK
I seem to remember reading something in the Aussie news about someone being hopeful (but no more) for a team sometime (how long?) after 2010. I am told it is proving hard to establish RL outside the NSW / Qld homelands (sounds familiar?!). Melbourne had success early on but aren't really getting the crowds according to my source. So don't hold your breath.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:05 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Replies welcomed...

Oldhamer
UK
In Perth they play real rugby. Super 14 starts in WA next year. Can't wait for the Blue Bulls to visit.

Time to start watching the proper game league fans.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:43 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Time to start watching the proper game league fans.
I have tried honest but I just can't get my head around it. Why have wingers when they never get to touch the ball and even if they do can't go anywhere with it due to there being too many people and not enough space? Why does the referee always see ruck and maul infringements the opposite way to me - if I didn't understand I should agree 50% of the time (the Aussie and NZ coaches admitted this week to cheating in these)? Why do they always let someone who can't throw straight take the line out (or is that just England)? Why spend all that time fighting for possession then kick it away? With 3 points just for kicking a drop goal why don't teams forget about tries and just kick drop goals?

As the quote goes - rugby is a game played by men with odd-shaped balls who like spending 80 minutes with their heads between other men's legs then they all take a shower together before setting light to each others ars*s
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:54 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I have tried honest but I just can't get my head around it. Why have wingers when they never get to touch the ball and even if they do can't go anywhere with it due to there being too many people and not enough space? Why does the referee always see ruck and maul infringements the opposite way to me - if I didn't understand I should agree 50% of the time (the Aussie and NZ coaches admitted this week to cheating in these)? Why do they always let someone who can't throw straight take the line out (or is that just England)? Why spend all that time fighting for possession then kick it away? With 3 points just for kicking a drop goal why don't teams forget about tries and just kick drop goals?

As the quote goes - rugby is a game played by men with odd-shaped balls who like spending 80 minutes with their heads between other men's legs then they all take a shower together before setting light to each others ars*s
The refereeing of rugby is pretty bad at the moment. Northern & southern hemisphere refs have some serious differences, which is crazy as it should be the same wherever it is played. The Wally-bies (especially Gregan) have their own rules on scrumming, lineout policing is a lottery at best. Saying that there is some exciting rugby being played at the moment. The Boks rush defence is producing some fantastic breakaway tries, Habana is king at these. They nearly got the tri-nations again, but the All Blacks are the best team in the world & deserved to win it.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

southstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nice

Hi Everyone

Replies welcomed...

Oldhamer
UK
We too live for RL and this is going to be one of our deciding factors on Perth v Queensland. Were in both this June and RL was never on nor mentioned on Perth TV whereas there's loads of it on Brissie TV - comparable to our football premiership coverage over here (though admittably not every night of the week!).
Interestingly enough English RL has a big coverage of the NRL but Superleague is hardly mentioned over there and the only coverage is at some ridiculous hour in the morning TWO WEEKS after the featured game. Had to set the alarm and get up through the night to watch the Rhinos (worth it though!)
PS seen Sinny lately? give him a big kiss if you do!
Sue