Reload this Page >

Perth Nursing & Anaesthetic (ODA/ODP) Staff

Perth Nursing & Anaesthetic (ODA/ODP) Staff

Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:21 am
Just Joined

ezmuzic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth Nursing & Anaesthetic (ODA/ODP) Staff

Hi All,

This is our first post on this site and by the looks of things it will not be the last.

My Wife (Sam, 26, Nurse) and I (Mark, 36, ODP) are starting the big jump to migrate at the moment, we are visiting Perth in November of this year on our first fact finding tour , this is where we want to end up when we move late next year.

I have had a good look through the forum and have a few general questions that anyone working in Oncology and Theatre's may be able to answer. Sam is an Oncology nurse so would like to work in a large unit similar to where she is at the moment, any nurses recommend a hospital for this? we have looked at the royal Perth which she seems to like and if anyone works there and would be prepared to show us around in November this would be great.

ODA/ODP staff where are you working and have you found anywhere that you would rather not work? I have done agency for years so am used to working around but to be honest I feel like taking a job in one hospital and staying there. I am currently training to be a UK Anaesthetic Practitioner and after lots of searching can not find any position even close to that role so back to ODP I go.

Many Thanks for looking and thanks to anyone that can help,

Mark & Sam.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

IRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really nice
Default Re: Perth Nursing & Anaesthetic (ODA/ODP) Staff

Originally Posted by ezmuzic
Hi All,

This is our first post on this site and by the looks of things it will not be the last.

My Wife (Sam, 26, Nurse) and I (Mark, 36, ODP) are starting the big jump to migrate at the moment, we are visiting Perth in November of this year on our first fact finding tour , this is where we want to end up when we move late next year.

I have had a good look through the forum and have a few general questions that anyone working in Oncology and Theatre's may be able to answer. Sam is an Oncology nurse so would like to work in a large unit similar to where she is at the moment, any nurses recommend a hospital for this? we have looked at the royal Perth which she seems to like and if anyone works there and would be prepared to show us around in November this would be great.

ODA/ODP staff where are you working and have you found anywhere that you would rather not work? I have done agency for years so am used to working around but to be honest I feel like taking a job in one hospital and staying there. I am currently training to be a UK Anaesthetic Practitioner and after lots of searching can not find any position even close to that role so back to ODP I go.

Many Thanks for looking and thanks to anyone that can help,

Mark & Sam.
I am about to start a new job in Oncology over here, I was based in a cancer centre back in the UK. I will be covering Sir Charles Gairdner, Royal Perth and Fremantle hospitals, so will let you know what it's like. There's also St John of Gods hospital who opened a cancer centre this year and I believe they are looking for staff. Feel free to pm me if you want to know any further info.

Just in case you don't know how to pm someone: position your cursor over the members name on the left side and click & it will give you the option to contact that member.

Andrea
Old Jul 12th 2007, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

ezmuzic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Andrea, I will get Sam to drop you a PM when she gets back from work today.

Still after ODP's!!!!!!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

IRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really nice

Originally Posted by ezmuzic
Thanks Andrea, I will get Sam to drop you a PM when she gets back from work today.

Still after ODP's!!!!!!
No worries, perhaps you'd have more luck posting this in the nursing section:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Andrea