Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth..not for me

Wikiposts

Perth..not for me

Old Nov 6th 2003, 1:14 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by TraceyW
Hi Alison & Delboy

At last!! A positive response from Perth.

I do wish more people who have either been there or who are there, would post more positive thoughts about the place... this would balance the scales a bit. It all seems to be a bit of a bad news forum where Perth is concerned....

Tracey

it must be very comforting to you to assume that negative posts about Perth must be wrong and that there's a whole host of people out there having far too good a time on the beach to post all the great news stories.
Old Dec 29th 2003, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ellen,
Sorry to read that your trip to Perth wasn't for you. To be perfectly honest, Perth wouldn't be for me either, but that is because I hate the Cities.
I am sorry that we missed your trip. The first few weeks were very busy for us, buying cars, renting houses, looking for a Business, registering for this and that. This biggest thing was with my computer in transit and storage and my mobile phone not working and then only in certain areas until we got onto telstra, I did feel a bit lost away from everything.
We are not far from Mandurah at the moment. Lovely place.
I am really sorry that you won't be coming our way, but good luck with everything.

Whisky
Old Dec 29th 2003, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Oh blimey Ellen, just read another thread and you aren't coming at all. I am so sorry to read that, but if you don't feel that it is right for you, then it is the best.

Whisky
Old Dec 30th 2003, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by jayr
it must be very comforting to you to assume that negative posts about Perth must be wrong and that there's a whole host of people out there having far too good a time on the beach to post all the great news stories.
gotta be quick have been in perth on validation trip for nearly week and LOVE it see my other post .....YES DEF those having a good time are def on beach or outdoors and dont have time to post!!!! dont be disillusiohned perth is 100 X better than i imagine ( I have travelled A LOT and have lived in four diff countries and so fussy!!)
perth is the greatest city for me as i had a choice of absolutely anywhere with our professions and flexibiit as we have no house kids etc etc.................take care happy new year!!!!
Old Dec 30th 2003, 2:54 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by salonit
gotta be quick have been in perth on validation trip for nearly week and LOVE it see my other post .....YES DEF those having a good time are def on beach or outdoors and dont have time to post!!!! dont be disillusiohned perth is 100 X better than i imagine ( I have travelled A LOT and have lived in four diff countries and so fussy!!)
perth is the greatest city for me as i had a choice of absolutely anywhere with our professions and flexibiit as we have no house kids etc etc.................take care happy new year!!!!

Another vote for Perth , we loved it too and althought I may have the occassional doubt about the whole move, Perth would be the only choice at this stage. Does help having family and cash though !!!

Jill