Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth..not for me

Perth..not for me

Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth..not for me

Sorry – I had to point this out. The thing that struck me most about your post was the spelling and grammar!

For someone who is a Social Worker - your grammar and spelling is atrocious. So much for the UK being better as far as education goes!!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Not entirely sure your username was spelt correctly there fella
Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:46 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

personally I just type quickly what I am thinking at the time, often it is short hand. I don't bother with grammer and don't do spell checks, usually errors are in the typing not my intelligence.

I never professed to be a teacher, nor have i ever bothered to correct anyone else's spelling or grammer, i didn't realise that was important in the whole scheme of things.

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, or do you not like it when people don't love Perth and because you can't come up with a reasonable difference you criticse their spelling. maybe you should go back to bed.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 3:01 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Shikse
Sorry – I had to point this out. The thing that struck me most about your post was the spelling and grammar!

For someone who is a Social Worker - your grammar and spelling is atrocious. So much for the UK being better as far as education goes!!
That is a bit mean isn't it? Personally, I know I miss-spell a lot of things when posting messages here. Reasons I don't proof my grammar when typing on a message board. Other reasons I'm typing fast in-between doing other things. . Sometimes I go back and correct them, others I don't.

Also I don’t see why a person who has bad grammar is going to be bad at being a social worker. I always thought the nature of social workers was helping out others less fortunate than themselves, a caring profession in other words.

Why don't you go into the USA room and correct the Americans on their English language too.

Cheers
Old Nov 6th 2003, 3:06 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
That is a bit mean isn't it? Personally, I know I miss-spell a lot of things when posting messages here. Reasons I don't proof my grammar when typing on a message board. Other reasons I'm typing fast in-between doing other things. . Sometimes I go back and correct them, others I don't.

Also I don’t see why a person who has bad grammar is going to be bad at being a social worker. I always thought the nature of social workers was helping out others less fortunate than themselves, a caring profession in other words.

Why don't you go into the USA room and correct the Americans on their English language too.

Cheers

Quick look at shikse profile, shows they are a bit of a troll. Like to put UK down, only post once a month, told little of their new life in Perth although apparently the landed in May this year. I guess this months effort has been put to good use, maybe they don't like social workers I wonder why that is.........
Old Nov 6th 2003, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think people in glass houses were supposed to throw stones??

"Your grammar and spelling is atrocious"? I think that should be "are attrocious"

(Not that I think it is necessary to pick up on things like this on what is essentially a chat forum.)

Last edited by HiddenPaw; Nov 6th 2003 at 3:28 am.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Jirrupin
Quick look at shikse profile, shows they are a bit of a troll. Like to put UK down, only post once a month, told little of their new life in Perth although apparently the landed in May this year. I guess this months effort has been put to good use, maybe they don't like social workers I wonder why that is.........

There are so many people out there now, that is living here, arrived who do not post a word on how it is. Why is that? I dont buy they are having such a good time they cant spare 2 minutes to post hello its damn fantastic.

Some just disappear!!!! Surely Ivan Milats not escaped.

Why dont people post how it actually turned out for them, it would be far more useful to everyone even if it was just one post.
How can people post hundreds of times before they come out, then never say another word???????????

Bermuda Triangle effect perhaps, or people just dont want to look like a twat saying day to day stuff after posting pages of I'm going to paradise. And the louder they shout before they get here the less we ever hear, hello anyone out there
:scared:
Old Nov 6th 2003, 4:14 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
There are so many people out there now, that is living here, arrived who do not post a word on how it is. Why is that? I dont buy they are having such a good time they cant spare 2 minutes to post hello its damn fantastic.

Some just disappear!!!! Surely Ivan Milats not escaped.

Why dont people post how it actually turned out for them, it would be far more useful to everyone even if it was just one post.
How can people post hundreds of times before they come out, then never say another word???????????

Bermuda Triangle effect perhaps, or people just dont want to look like a twat saying day to day stuff after posting pages of I'm going to paradise. And the louder they shout before they get here the less we ever hear, hello anyone out there
:scared:
Dotty..lol you may want to change your post ... it is "that are" not "that is" you are referring to plural ... and my "Word" is playing havoc with your post.... underlining everything.. actually it's doing a freaky with this (my) post too. lol ( I'm just kidding!)

Anyway, yes I find it odd. I think some of them they just do not want to post "real life" because people attack them.

Cheers
Old Nov 6th 2003, 4:42 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by DianeOZ
will have to be made - but what? Time, Money, Dreams?

My main reason for us coming here was to have more time with the children, I have less now and it is really starting to hit home. The family life I saw with my rose tinteds is just not happening.
We do prefer it here and we're happy so that's fine but we need to decide if we take that extra step and go to one paltry wage but with hopefully a better quality of family time?

Someone tell me the answer?????

Oh Di

I do get more time here with the family but only because I don't have my horsey anymore (he took up all my spare time!) but have decided that working on a part time basis at the stables isn't bringing us enough cash (and I'am going crazy because of all those flies!!).

So I'am now having to look for full time work (oh no, here we go again!) till we go back to the UK. I haven't worked full time since our daughter was born because I haven't needed to, but we need more money so full-time it is!.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Tell you what, you can have my job and you can pay me an allowance out of it so I can sip coffee by the sea , oh and of course make play doh' out of flour n' salt and all things kiddy.

Good luck though, you will have the child care dilema to sort out too I assume?

Di

Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Ceri
Dotty..lol you may want to change your post ... it is "that are" not "that is" you are referring to plural ... and my "Word" is playing havoc with your post.... underlining everything.. actually it's doing a freaky with this (my) post too. lol ( I'm just kidding!)

Anyway, yes I find it odd. I think some of them they just do not want to post "real life" because people attack them.

Cheers

Ta Miss Ceri

I mean Thank you Miss Ceri,

Trouble is I am supposed to be working but I lack complete self control and keep reading the forum instead Half the time I am talking to someone or reading something at the same time.

I told my husband to piss off the other day as he wanted some boring question answered while I was reading a really good thread. Hope I can get a boss like me in the UK.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:35 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, we are off tomorrow to Perth Via Singapore, we have done it now who can tell what we will think 6 months/a year down the line, but we just had a reality check phone call from someone we dont really know who lived in Perth for 20 years, he is also a flooring/carpet fitter like Steve, he said the one peice of advice I can give you is " dont trust anyone" and they will all treat you like sh.t!!!!. but we will give a try, like Dotty says if after a year we really dont think Perth is for us we will probably try Brisbane as we have allot of friends over that way It is so different for everyone and I agree with Ellen it is a good thing to go to the area you are hoping to migrate to just to check it out, you have to go by what it feels like for you.
Will keep posting and give our thoughts etc .
Not looking forward to the flys etc, but my friend in Brisbane says they have the same problem, no getting away from that pesky little problem.
Good Luck Ellen
Hi to everyone else, and will post when I can
Suz
Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point

oh dear my secrets out!! dyslexia and jet leg! naughty me

Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

What did that phone call mean, Suz? Was it from a business or personal prospective or just in general?

Di
Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:49 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DianeOZ
What did that phone call mean, Suz? Was it from a business or personal prospective or just in general?

Di
God knows Steve has met the bloke once a couple of years ago, and he heard on the grapevine we were going to Perth, so he obviously decided to give us some cheery advice, nice eh!!! my feelings were just because he apparantly hated the place he still stayed 20 years, so he either must be a complete twatt or stoney broke if it was that bad!!!!
Diane, will call you once we have arrived.
Suz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.