Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth north or south main differences?

Perth north or south main differences?

Old Sep 30th 2005, 4:41 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth north or south main differences?

Originally Posted by webgum
Hi Steve, I agree about living there first. We have two sets of friends who live up there, so go there to visit maybe everyother weekend, so gives me a good feel of what its like, and the roads aren't too bad. Hubby is very keen to buy up there, me .... not so sure as I do love the ocean. As I turn out of our road here and see it twinkling in the sunshine (well, not today - it looks like the North sea today !!) I think, how could I move away from this? There again, how will we ever afford to buy in City Beach. Wembley Downs will probably be the nearest thing we can afford.

Just get a bigger Mortgage Or carry on renting (City beach is way to cheap for rentals relative to the purchase price of the property)
We've also got friends in Roleystone and as much as I like the views etc once your inside your house it isnt any different to living anywhere else, the benefits of the views space etc dont outway the negative aspects of the location for me. I love being near the ocean, 10mins to Subi/Claremont etc. 20 mins to the City/Freo. Personally living there wouldnt fit with my lifestyle but thats not to say that it isnt what others are after.
Steve
Old Sep 30th 2005, 5:17 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steve99
Just get a bigger Mortgage Or carry on renting (City beach is way to cheap for rentals relative to the purchase price of the property)
We've also got friends in Roleystone and as much as I like the views etc once your inside your house it isnt any different to living anywhere else, the benefits of the views space etc dont outway the negative aspects of the location for me. I love being near the ocean, 10mins to Subi/Claremont etc. 20 mins to the City/Freo. Personally living there wouldnt fit with my lifestyle but thats not to say that it isnt what others are after.
Steve
Oh god, not a bigger mortgage - I've managed to avoid that thus far in life. I think we'll struggle to get my son to leave the school anyway! And where would I be without The Groper?!!
Old Sep 30th 2005, 7:23 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
And where would I be without The Groper?!!
Another excellent reason why you shouldnt leave City Beach, just think how wet and stodgy it'd be by the time you get it back to the hills
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

kelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant future

I live right by the beach in Rockingham in my parent's 'Beach Shack', ok its a very big beach shack in an amazing position but that's what they call it! I love being right by the sea and I love the lifestyle around here. The only thing I find a tad annoying is how busy it gets on public holidays etc.
I have family up in the northern suburbs but I just don't get the living on an estate thing. I love Northbridge and Subi and would happily live there but I enjoy living down in Rockingham at the moment. I go up to Northbridge and Subi for nights out. I also go out in Perth. I have to admit that the nightlife in Rockingham is dire but I'm kind of glad, I don't think I'd want it to be full of nightclubs.
I guess I'm not the right person to comment to a family as I don't have any responsibilites and I don't have to think about schools, work etc. I would certainly take other people's advice and have a jolly good look around, try and spend some time renting in various places - take a holiday!
Good luck house hunting!
Kel
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:34 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Everyone really appreciate your views We as a family would love to be near the ocean thats all part of the dream for us to be able to walk or a very short drive to a beach. Heaven.

Cheers Kris x