Reload this Page >

Perth "North or South"

Perth "North or South"

Old Feb 4th 2004, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

russell deane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth "North or South"

Wondered where to go!

Do we go North where we have found out quite a bit about Kallaroo and like the look of it.

Or do we go south of the city where we haven't so much about the different areas.

Does anyone have experiances of living in both areas and how schools compare.

Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2004, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi
We are renting in Hillarys next to Kallaroo , we like it up here , but parts of south seem to be nice to . Think its a personal choice really , and you will have to have a good look around to decide . Then it is all about affordability in houses , jobs etc that could decide which you move to ??? There are alot of guys on here from south of the river , also alot from north , so all will no doubt help you out . Its busy up here , alot for the kids to do , a fast growing area , you get problems in both so no change to home there. Probably best to just do your homework and take peoples views but then make your own . Good luck Joanne
Old Feb 4th 2004, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

russell deane is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advise Joanne.

We have friends from the UK who live in Hillarys and they really love it, and say that it is good there for their children.

We will need to to look around and find the best place for us.

Thanks Russell
Old Feb 4th 2004, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jopaulss
Hi
We are renting in Hillarys next to Kallaroo , we like it up here , but parts of south seem to be nice to . Think its a personal choice really , and you will have to have a good look around to decide . Then it is all about affordability in houses , jobs etc that could decide which you move to ??? There are alot of guys on here from south of the river , also alot from north , so all will no doubt help you out . Its busy up here , alot for the kids to do , a fast growing area , you get problems in both so no change to home there. Probably best to just do your homework and take peoples views but then make your own . Good luck Joanne

Phwoar!!!! Have you seen some of the houses in Hillaries! Well obviously yes if you live there! I had a look there last year, some of them are unbelievable, at unbelievable prices too might I add!! Bit out of my league I think.

One day maybe........
Old Feb 4th 2004, 11:38 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gwrees
Phwoar!!!! Have you seen some of the houses in Hillaries! Well obviously yes if you live there! I had a look there last year, some of them are unbelievable, at unbelievable prices too might I add!! Bit out of my league I think.

One day maybe........
Hillarys is pretty expensive.

Kallaroo has some nice areas, others are a bit run down.

Finally, Hutchinson Telecom sneaked in a previously rejected planning application past the State Government employees running the defunct Joondalup Council to erect a huge mobile phone mast in Kallaroo.

It's causing a lot of local "heated debate" at the moment.

I certainly wouldn't be moving to Kallaroo if I had kids and had this mast at the bottom of my garden.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Yes it's been in the local papers quite a bit and there are signs up on Marmion "NO TO THE TOWER", people are not happy.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

we have only been here 5 months but the first half of that was in ellenbrook and the latter in port kennedy - i prefer the south - nice beaches - pretty central nad the houses are a lot cheaper also