Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth NOR - What's the smell

Perth NOR - What's the smell

Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:10 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth NOR - What's the smell

We came home late last night and the smell was awful, not much better this morning. Can't see anything on any news sites. Come on Renth if you are around what's going on....
Old Feb 25th 2007, 12:25 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth NOR - What's the smell

Originally Posted by northernbird
Come on Renth if you are around what's going on....

Has Renth been on the beer and curry then ?

Can't smell anything up here !
Old Feb 25th 2007, 12:32 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say it was lake Joondalup. It's so dried up and it smells terrible. It was the same last year too.

Or, some creature has snuffed it in your roof and it's going a bit bloated and rank!!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 12:39 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We came home late last night and the smell was awful, not much better this morning. Can't see anything on any news sites. Come on Renth if you are around what's going on....
If people are watering their gardens with bore water that smells like rotten eggs. Could that be it? I smell it when I drive to the station in the morning.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 12:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
If people are watering their gardens with bore water that smells like rotten eggs. Could that be it? I smell it when I drive to the station in the morning.
no its like a fire smell it was awful last night and you could see the smoke in the air. started smelling it about Ocean Reef Rd and it stinks in Connolly this morning. I am bloody hot and I don't want to open the windows and doors and my bleedin air conditioning still not fixed.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 12:54 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

no its like a fire smell it was awful last night and you could see the smoke in the air. started smelling it about Ocean Reef Rd and it stinks in Connolly this morning. I am bloody hot and I don't want to open the windows and doors and my bleedin air conditioning still not fixed.
I could smell it too. I thought there was a bush fire somewhere. We were driving through Joondalup after midnight last night and the air was full of smoke and it smelt like burning wood.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 1:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I could smell it too. I thought there was a bush fire somewhere. We were driving through Joondalup after midnight last night and the air was full of smoke and it smelt like burning wood.
thank god it isn't just me then!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 2:17 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe because we are close to Neerabup I smell burning a couple of times a week normally so it barely regsiters anymore. The BIG fire in Neerabup last year set fire to the peat underground and they reckoned several months later it was still burning underground. They were hoping that the winter rains would raise the water table enough to extinguish it but it was quite a dry winter so maybe it is still flaring up occassionally.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 2:51 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

thank god it isn't just me then!
No,not just you...it was really bad last night,I can still smell it now although not half as bad....

Not heard of a fire as yet though!?
Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

There was a huge bush fire at the lake last night, it was in Wanneroo - behind the Rotary Park/Club! We could see the flames and the big red glow it created!!

Haven't heard anything about it yet, so not sure how it started!
Hope they managed to put it outsafely and no one was hurt!!

But i reckon that'll probably be the smell!!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:09 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

The wind changed yesterday as well - coming in from the desert which is why it's been so bloody hot.

This of course brings in a far more serious problem - the kids are moaning because there's no waves at the beach for their boards.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mish & al
There was a huge bush fire at the lake last night, it was in Wanneroo - behind the Rotary Park/Club! We could see the flames and the big red glow it created!!

Haven't heard anything about it yet, so not sure how it started!
Hope they managed to put it outsafely and no one was hurt!!

But i reckon that'll probably be the smell!!
Yeah there was a bush fire...we could see the glow from our top window as we overlook Yellagonga Park.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 1:37 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

There has been a really strong smell of smoke tonight again. We are in Joondalup, and it was really strong, but we couldn't see any smoke, or red glow in the sky, so god knows where it was this time
Old Feb 25th 2007, 1:39 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
There has been a really strong smell of smoke tonight again. We are in Joondalup, and it was really strong, but we couldn't see any smoke, or red glow in the sky, so god knows where it was this time
I cant smell nothing tonight,I am a bit sniffly though
Old Feb 25th 2007, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

I can't smell anything other than myself....sorry, it's just I'm so bleeding hot!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.