Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth meet for new arrivals (& old hands) anyone?

Perth meet for new arrivals (& old hands) anyone?

Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:29 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth meet for new arrivals (& old hands) anyone?

As there seems to be lots of us arriving in Perth at the moment does anyone fancy a get together at the end of the month ? 29th/30th October would be good for us. It would be great to meet fellow newbies going through the same things as us as well as those already settled. Any suggestions for somewhere we can take kids to?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:16 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth meet for new arrivals (& old hands) anyone?

Yep, we're in
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Paular will become famous soon enoughPaular will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by worzel
As there seems to be lots of us arriving in Perth at the moment does anyone fancy a get together at the end of the month ? 29th/30th October would be good for us. It would be great to meet fellow newbies going through the same things as us as well as those already settled. Any suggestions for somewhere we can take kids to?
That sounds great been here nearly a month and things going good. Would love to meet people in the same situation. Where were you thinking of meeting. We have kids so meeting somewhere they could come to would be useful.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:50 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paular
That sounds great been here nearly a month and things going good. Would love to meet people in the same situation. Where were you thinking of meeting. We have kids so meeting somewhere they could come to would be useful.
Feel free to make other suggestions but how about Kings Park 1pm Sunday? Anywhere in particular in the park that would be easy for everyone to find?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Hi,

We,ll try and get there.I,ll keep an eye on the thread and see nearer the time but i don,t see why not.The park is a good idea central and good for the kids.
dave
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

elaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant future

Feel free to make other suggestions but how about Kings Park 1pm Sunday? Anywhere in particular in the park that would be easy for everyone to find?
OMG!!
You can't post things like this on here.... you're driving us crazy!!! :scared:

Only joking, we're just jealous we can't come too!!!
We'd love to be able to make plans like that - King's Park .... Ahhhh....seems like a distant glow, far into the future... and the house market here is the only obstacle in our way!!!

Hope you all have a great time and when we get there we'd love to have a meet too!!!

Elaine x x x
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Hi,

We,ll try and get there.I,ll keep an eye on the thread and see nearer the time but i don,t see why not.The park is a good idea central and good for the kids.
dave
Count us in too. I run a coffee morning for newbies Thursday afternoons but it is predominantly girls, it is difficult for the guys to meet new people as they are out working all week so thats a great idea! My hubby will be pleased! Hope the weather picks up a bit though! What are we bringing picnic? bbq? just drinks?
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:57 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by elaine&graham
OMG!!
You can't post things like this on here.... you're driving us crazy!!! :scared:

Only joking, we're just jealous we can't come too!!!
We'd love to be able to make plans like that - King's Park .... Ahhhh....seems like a distant glow, far into the future... and the house market here is the only obstacle in our way!!!

Hope you all have a great time and when we get there we'd love to have a meet too!!!

Elaine x x x
Don't worry it will come round quickly enough. Try and attend a few meets in the UK before you come. You might learn something you didn't know but most importantly you feel better knowing everyone else is getting the same 5hit as you and you will make friends that you will keep on the other side.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 2:01 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Don't worry it will come round quickly enough. Try and attend a few meets in the UK before you come. You might learn something you didn't know but most importantly you feel better knowing everyone else is getting the same 5hit as you and you will make friends that you will keep on the other side.
You could count us in...on another day bar this sunday coming...love to meet new and old arrivals..nbeen here 3 weeks tomorrow
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about

Sounds good to me. The weather is picking up, so hopefully there should be plenty of sun for those who have recently arrived!

The picnic area near the Lottery West playground is quite nice - and there is a cafe if there is anyone who doesn't fancy BBQ.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:24 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by vics
Sounds good to me. The weather is picking up, so hopefully there should be plenty of sun for those who have recently arrived!

The picnic area near the Lottery West playground is quite nice - and there is a cafe if there is anyone who doesn't fancy BBQ.
I realized I misunderstood after going to the coffeee morning today...you can definately count us in if its sunday of the weekend of the 30th ish as thats still 2 weeks away...I shall keep an eye on this thread if someone could be more specific on the ron-day-voo(I know that prob aint how you spell it)place in Vic park...its a big place if I remember correctly and the way weve been going we could be walking round for hours...!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 2:47 am
A former regular of BE

Bump. Now we are here it would be good to meet up with anyone on Sunday. 1pm near the Lottery West playground?

Send me a PM if you want my mobi number
Old Oct 25th 2005, 6:48 am
Just Joined

perthgirl will become famous soon enoughperthgirl will become famous soon enough

There is a meet up for anyone in the Mandurah/ Rockingham area this Friday evening check out the chat on

www.emi-great.com
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:37 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont think we're going to be able to make it now, we're back in Bunbury and got loads to organise over the next few days and it's such a long way...

Will definitely be there next time, promise
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Davey is on a distinguished road

Bump. Now we are here it would be good to meet up with anyone on Sunday. 1pm near the Lottery West playground?

Send me a PM if you want my mobi number
Hi Worzel

We are also new arrivals - unfortunately we are booked in at another bbq otherwise would have been up for it.

Have a good day and hopefully we'll catch up at the next one.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.