Perth in march

Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough
Default Perth in march

Hi we are due to have a flying visit to perth in march, there is me, my wife and our 11 year old visiting.

We land on the 25th and leave 30th for melbourne, and im trying to prepare an itinary for the visit, is there any must do's in and around perth or can anyone recommend an itinery for the 4 days?

Cheers

Rob.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth in march

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
Hi we are due to have a flying visit to perth in march, there is me, my wife and our 11 year old visiting.

We land on the 25th and leave 30th for melbourne, and im trying to prepare an itinary for the visit, is there any must do's in and around perth or can anyone recommend an itinery for the 4 days?

Cheers

Rob.
The usual tourist run; Hillary's Boat Harbour, Whiteman Park (including Caversham Wildlife Park) the city (including the museum), ermmm, mmmm...anybody help me out here?
Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:38 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
The usual tourist run; Hillary's Boat Harbour, Whiteman Park (including Caversham Wildlife Park) the city (including the museum), ermmm, mmmm...anybody help me out here?
Monkey Mia, Rottnest island ( if you have time), Freemantle market, Margaret River.....these are some of the places we are planning to see when we are there
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:01 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Really depends on what you want to do and how mobile you are...
Stay around Perth and theres Freo, Hillaries, Coastal Drive, Rotnest is good but needs a a whole day and Monkey Mia/Wave Rock/Margaret River are all at least 2 or 3 days. There is the zoo, shopping malls in the city, the beaches up by scarborough, kings park, river tours, fremantle prison and market, and there are a few good drives up north or east suburbs.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

were going to hire a car if that helps and i wasn't planning on visiting a prison!

Last edited by dwaindibley; Jan 16th 2007 at 2:16 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 3:35 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
I wasn't planning on visiting a prison!
Well, Fremantle is an ex-prison and definitely worth a visit. They do three different tours of the prison (including one of the tunnels we haven't done yet).

Gina
Old Jan 16th 2007, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

I would say Kings Park is an absolute must, walk along the beach and go to Fremantle... It is a shame it is not the AFL season, seeing an Aussie Rules game is good fun even if you haven't a clue what is going on