Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth to London or Birmingham - Prices.

Perth to London or Birmingham - Prices.

Old Dec 21st 2008, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Perth to London or Birmingham - Prices.

Hi all,

Just thought you knowledgeable folks might be able to help me out here.

I have been tracking the prices of flights on Emirates from Perth to UK for mid to late June 2009. We have been unable to book because we are waiting for the go ahead (Hubby will be doing some work to pay for flights whilst in the UK and without this we can't afford the trip).

Most of the flights had been around $8-10k for 2 adults 2 kids and a baby but now they have jumped to $13k

Can we expect some movement back down in the next couple of months or is that what we are now looking at. I know the trend is for them to rise closer to departure but how close. The trip is obviously still 5/6 months off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Poppet
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth to London or Birmingham - Prices.

Dunno if this helps but we went on line from here in UK and got a cost for our daughter to come back end of January 2009 $1,700 daughter printed it off took it into Flight Centre got it for $1,680 inc taxes with Emirates (shes flying from Perth).

Good luck
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Dunno if this helps but we went on line from here in UK and got a cost for our daughter to come back end of January 2009 $1,700 daughter printed it off took it into Flight Centre got it for $1,680 inc taxes with Emirates (shes flying from Perth).

Good luck
Emirates seem to be playing around with the fares at the moment.

My mum purchase her flight about 3 weeks ago on one of the offers. They are now £70 cheaper. That's Birmingham to Perth in April.

The January flights have now been reduced. Hold on stand corrected as of last night. Last night January flights were $1400 and Feb - Mar were $1800. Now this morning January are about $1800 and Feb $1440.

My hope is that they are playing around with prices to encourage some more sales on those cheaper flights. Gives them more time to sell the April - July ones.

I'm going to have a look on flight centre now.

Thanks for your response.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Emirates seem to be playing around with the fares at the moment.

My mum purchase her flight about 3 weeks ago on one of the offers. They are now £70 cheaper. That's Birmingham to Perth in April.

The January flights have now been reduced. Hold on stand corrected as of last night. Last night January flights were $1400 and Feb - Mar were $1800. Now this morning January are about $1800 and Feb $1440.

My hope is that they are playing around with prices to encourage some more sales on those cheaper flights. Gives them more time to sell the April - July ones.

I'm going to have a look on flight centre now.

Thanks for your response.
The good news is that all the other airlines seem to be sub 2000k. For some strange reasons Emirates has just completely increased. Emirates have always been cheaper than Qantas since looking but not now.

Not sure what Malaysia are like and transfer with kiddies but they have some cheap ones available.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I've heard rumours that Emirates are in a bit of financial trouble. Am wondering if these price fluctuations are as a result of that.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
I've heard rumours that Emirates are in a bit of financial trouble. Am wondering if these price fluctuations are as a result of that.
Oh really. That's interesting. What would happen if they went bust?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

When we went to book our flights to go to Ireland in June last year the flights shot up about 2000 in three days for four of us.I spoke to the travel agents and she advised me to wait a few days and then check again.We were a bit nervous in case all the flights had gone but we waited and thankfully they had dropped back down.We flew with Emirates.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Oh really. That's interesting. What would happen if they went bust?
They will probably be bought out. Another airline was mentioned, but I can't remember who it was.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I booked with singapore, have you had a look at them?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Wow. Just checked with Emirates to fly back to London in March/April next year.

March = $2000 approx
April = $3300

That's a huge difference!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Wow. Just checked with Emirates to fly back to London in March/April next year.

March = $2000 approx
April = $3300

That's a huge difference!
Exactly. Silly prices. I am stuck with dates of travel. Expecting our 3rd baby by c-section at the end of April so early I would travel is about 8 weeks otherwise I would have taken up some of the offers I've seen around $1440!!!

Thanks for the tip about the Ireland flights. I can't see how they can stay at that price. Probably a way to panic people in to booking as soon as they drop again.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:51 am
Just Joined

pepys is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure what Malaysia are like and transfer with kiddies but they have some cheap ones available.
We flew back to London with Malaysian with our then three month old and they were fine. More space than Emirates too. Personally I'd rate Singapore the best, then Cathay Pacific though I've heard they've let standards slip a bit recently.

Good luck and keep checking.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:26 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I have been tracking the prices of flights on Emirates from Perth to UK for mid to late June 2009. We have been unable to book because we are waiting for the go ahead (Hubby will be doing some work to pay for flights whilst in the UK and without this we can't afford the trip).

Most of the flights had been around $8-10k for 2 adults 2 kids and a baby but now they have jumped to $13k

Can we expect some movement back down in the next couple of months or is that what we are now looking at. I know the trend is for them to rise closer to departure but how close. The trip is obviously still 5/6 months off.

Thanks Poppet
Check our Air Asia X.
They are flying Perth to KL - KL - Stanstead.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

UGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really nice

find the cheapest quote online take into your local travel agent ,but first check that they have a price beat policy then produce your quote and they will give it to you even cheaper
Old Jan 1st 2009, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,

Thanks Poppet
Emirates flights for Perth. London heathrow just halved. 2 adults 2 kids $6k. Just couldn't book unborn so need to check that before paying at local emirates office. We wanted to fly towards the end of June.