Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth - Kingsley or Currambine

Perth - Kingsley or Currambine

Old Jul 16th 2006, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Perth - Kingsley or Currambine

Hi guys,

Currently looking at rentals and hoping to get somewhere tomorrow. Looking at some places in Kingsley and Currambine mainly.

Pluses/minuses seem to be:

Kingsley - close to amenities, closer to city (hubbie works in CBD), closer to all places generally, train cheaper

Currambine - nicer / newer houses, but further from city, train more expensive.

Rents seem the same

Any thoughts on which you would prefer. I know it is all personal opinion and everyones thoughts are different - but any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Lucy.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:14 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth - Kingsley or Currambine

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Hi guys,

Currently looking at rentals and hoping to get somewhere tomorrow. Looking at some places in Kingsley and Currambine mainly.

Kingsley - close to amenities, closer to city (hubbie works in CBD), closer to all places generally, train cheaper

Rents seem the same

Any thoughts on which you would prefer. I know it is all personal opinion and everyones thoughts are different - but any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Lucy.
I have lived in neither place (have lived in next suburbs along though, Woodvale and Joondalup). I think I'd prefer Currambine - simply for the newer housing, however Kingsley is a nice, well established suburb and is equally as good.

My person preference would be Currambine - however....that's just a personal choice, not advice!

Good Luck whichever place you choose
Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

hi lucy
I don't know Kingsley very well so can't comment but I live in Currambine and we are really happy here. It takes about 25-30 mins to drive into the city at the weekend (will be quicker when the Freeway is extended)- never done it in rush hour though and I think it's about 25 mins on the train. Currambine has a train station and the area in close vicinity to the station seems to have quite a few rentals and the gardens seem less cared for and a bit tatty, however, we rented in that area for the 1st 6 months and never had any probs with hoons, noise, bad neighbours or anything like that. The rest of Currambine is nice especially round the golf course or The Crest where some houses get sea views. The primary school is fantastic ( the reason why we chose Currambine) and there is also a Catholic primary which I have heard good things about. State high schools would be Kinross College and Ocean Reef High. The surrounding suburbs are Iluka, Joondalup, Kinross and Connolly. We are 5 mins to lakeside, 2 mins to Arena, 2 mins to Currambine market place with Woolworths, Brumbys, pharmacy etc and also the cinema, Oscars restaurant, video shop etc. It takes about 4 mins to drive to Burns Beach although I have done it on my bike no probs, 15 ish mins to Hillarys, 5-10 mins to The Boat at Mindarie or a couple of mins to the Joondalup golf course resort. We have lived here for 18 months now and find it a good family orientated 'burb handy for everything with a good mix of nationalities- Uk, Singaporean, Aussie. Everone friendly and never had any neighbourhood probs.

HTH
Yvonne
Old Jul 17th 2006, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Hi guys,

Rents seem the same

Thanks

Lucy.
Hi Lucy

Out of those two, I think I would prefer Currambine, simply because I like the newer houses too. Have you looked at Madeley, it just one suburb back from Kingsley, but is a fairly new development (about 2-3 yrs I think). Its about 5 mins from Greenwood train station which is where you would get the train if you lived in Kingsley anyway. Check it out.

Kim