Perth with kids

Old Jul 4th 2004, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Location: Colchester Essex. Off to Perth in October 2004!! VISA granted 10/07/2004.
Modmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth with kids

Can anyone shed some light on life with kids in Perth? We are relocating to Perth (Northern suburbs) October time and have a 5 year old and a 1 year old (both boys), Here in England we belong to the NCT (National Childbirth Trust) which is a good social and information based charity that offers lots of fun events including weekly coffee groups for parents & children a like, does Perth have anything similar? Do they have mother & toddler groups like we have here? How easy have you found it to become part of a community and to feel that you have established a good support network - I have heard various reports on Aussie mums from very friendly to not very sincere? All thoughts and experiences would be helpful. Modmum
Old Jul 5th 2004, 4:26 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth with kids

Originally posted by Modmum
I have heard various reports on Aussie mums from very friendly to not very sincere?
Sounds like British mums.

You'll be fine esp with 5 year old going to Kindy. You'll meet lots of people quickly.

In the Perth Northern Suburbs there will also be lots of mums just like you - British and just arrived in Australia with young kids, so don't worry.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by renth
Sounds like British mums.

You'll be fine esp with 5 year old going to Kindy. You'll meet lots of people quickly.

In the Perth Northern Suburbs there will also be lots of mums just like you - British and just arrived in Australia with young kids, so don't worry.

have found both British and Aussies very friendly, especially with children, lots of playplaces and meet up's etc etc, if you want that sort of thing
Old Jul 5th 2004, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Swifts
have found both British and Aussies very friendly, especially with children, lots of playplaces and meet up's etc etc, if you want that sort of thing
The first thing we did when we got here was to open the white pages and look at everything there was to offer 4 young children,this was by far the best thing we did as they have play mates,and u get to meet loads of new people,My daughter loves dancing ,so i enrooled her at the local dance school,the first day there i met alot of people and so did Mollie,theres alot of play yms too,if its a wet day,like the last post said it depens what u want
natasha
Old Jul 5th 2004, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it thats reasurring as you really worry about the children .My little girl is only 20 months so she will be okay.But I worry about my 5 year old son as he is at school and has made friends and has settled well although he is only young I just hope he will be okay when we turn his life upside down.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:58 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
Glad to hear it thats reasurring as you really worry about the children .My little girl is only 20 months so she will be okay.But I worry about my 5 year old son as he is at school and has made friends and has settled well although he is only young I just hope he will be okay when we turn his life upside down.

Kids are so adaptable, it was within 1 week of being at school that the kids were invited to sleepovers and birthday party's. Mine are a bit older (8, 10)

Sooooooo many play groups, just deciding which one.

Siren's better half
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Really thats really good to know.Hopefully should try to worrying.
Thanks Siren.