Reload this Page >

Perth info - PLEASE

Perth info - PLEASE

Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough
Cool Perth info - PLEASE

Hiya all

We have got our visas - YIPPEE!!!!! We are off on a validating trip in December - we land in Perth on New Years Eve!!!

We are looking at the info on the net but would really like some info from the people that know - ie you guys!!!

We want to stay at no more than 1 hours drive from Perth as we are there on a reckie & will need to go and see staff agencies etc - we would like somewhere nice and quiet & preferably beach front. Any recommendations. North or south of perth?

Also does anyone know if there are any fireworks etc on New Years Eve (we were in Sydney last new year) or is there something else that happens - we land in the afternoon so will have to get a move on to get to anywhere.

While we are there it is my BIG 40 - would love to swim with the dolphins or have a dolphin encounter - any suggestions - don't mind travelling up or down the coast to get to them. We heard that Monkey Mia is great as the dolphins come into the shore - anyone done it!!!

Let me know any info you have - never been so hungry for info -

|Cheers

Pockygoes :
Old Aug 18th 2003, 7:02 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth info - PLEASE

Hi Pocky,

CONGRATULATIONS!

I have been to Monkey Mia and it is great as the dolphins swim round your knees, and the sea is like a bath. The only thing is i bet it will be packed out when you get there due to the school hols and stuff. Dolphins come into Bunbury harbour early in the morning, most mornings, but can't remember all the details on that.

As for north or south, its very personal i reckon, but personnally i prefer south, especially round Freemantle down as far as Port Kennedy area, its not quite so built up, even though Kwinana is not too pretty with all the oil refineries etc.
Anyway i'm sure you will have tonnes of opinions about this, whatever you decide, good luck and enjoy it
Old Aug 18th 2003, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pockygoes
Hiya all

We have got our visas - YIPPEE!!!!! We are off on a validating trip in December - we land in Perth on New Years Eve!!!

We are looking at the info on the net but would really like some info from the people that know - ie you guys!!!

We want to stay at no more than 1 hours drive from Perth as we are there on a reckie & will need to go and see staff agencies etc - we would like somewhere nice and quiet & preferably beach front. Any recommendations. North or south of perth?

Also does anyone know if there are any fireworks etc on New Years Eve (we were in Sydney last new year) or is there something else that happens - we land in the afternoon so will have to get a move on to get to anywhere.

While we are there it is my BIG 40 - would love to swim with the dolphins or have a dolphin encounter - any suggestions - don't mind travelling up or down the coast to get to them. We heard that Monkey Mia is great as the dolphins come into the shore - anyone done it!!!

|Cheers

Pockygoes :

Hi Pocky,
Monkey Mia is a must for dolphin lovers, some reasonable packages on www.visitwa.com.au you can swim with the dolphins at Rockingham, also accomodation just over an hour from Perth but very reasonable check out www.ecopark.com.au

Last edited by Stoney; Aug 18th 2003 at 7:48 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 7:08 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Hiya all

|Cheers

Pockygoes :
Perth info...thats an easy one. Read posts from a little known member of this site called 'pommie bastard', think of the polar opposite of what he says, and hey presto....Perth info!!
Old Aug 18th 2003, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in Perth for NYE last year, with friends who have been out there for 2 years. It was very quiet compared with Sydney. However, Australia Day fireworks were brilliant (26th January).

Mary
Old Aug 19th 2003, 12:13 am
owieb

Hiya all

|Cheers

Pockygoes :
There are loads of places to stay, good spots for appartments by the beach are scarborough and sorrento, but you will need to book now, they will soon be totally full, especially over the christmas period.

The agencies will be very quiet over december and January as everything tends to shut down abit.

I highly recommed rockingham dolphins, it's local to Perth and rather than at Monkey Mia where you just paddle with them, you get to swim with them. http://www.dolphins.com.au/

Perth saves it's big fireworks till Australia day and they are fantastic, not much seems to go on on new years eve, though there are various firework displays going off.

Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Lots of useful info - will need to get booking by the looks of it.
Are there any near deserted beaches within one hour of Perth - my hubbie fancies a real get away from it all place - any suggestions? Mind you availability may be another issue!!!!

Have started looking at sorrento etc so will keep looking.

will I need to book the swim with the dolphins or can I leave it until we get there.

Also anywhere we should put on the visit list as far as places to look at to live. We live in a village at the moment & would prefer somewhere similar. we have 8 year old twins so a good school would be essential!

thanks for all your suggestions - will start the searches straight away - keep them coming
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:18 am
owieb

will I need to book the swim with the dolphins or can I leave it until we get there.
The dolphins will be busy over the school holidays which is December/January but you should be able to get something when you get here. Last year it was booking at least 2 weeks ahead so if you have limited time then it is probably best to book in advance of coming.

There was talk of them getting a bigger/extra boat this season which may mean they will have more space sooner.

Probably best to drop them an email and ask them how far in advance you should book.

As for deserted beaches, not sure you'll find too many that time of year, certainly not round the Perth area. Maybe if you head North for a couple of hours you might find something.