Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth I.T. People

Perth I.T. People

Old Jun 15th 2004, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Default Perth I.T. People

Hiya,
enquiring on the average wage to expect in i.t. jobs in Perth area.
I appreciate the i.t. world is varied and can be vast,but what are the prospects for a british post-grad student with a degree in i.t.?

Assuming they would have to start at the bottom,being a post-grad, what is a realistic average in wages,any ideas?

Lynn
Old Jun 15th 2004, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Hi Lynn,

I am hoping to be able to get an IT job in Perth, but I shall be going out with other work still ongoing in the UK and me completing the work in OZ so I am not too worried straight away.

I have about 8 years experience but I am afraid that it is possible you may find it harder if you have no industry experience. That said you may be lucky and get on a graduate scheme.

For salaries in IT have a look at this

http://www.hays.com.au/salary/pdfs04...Technology.pdf

Dave
Old Jun 15th 2004, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Default i.t.posts

Thanx Dave,this is very useful info for my husband,we have printed out the link you provided.
I'm just the hairdresser,it's my hubby with the brains.
He will seek work here in uk when he's finished his degree,but ultimately we want to be there and it would be a shame to see his 4years of degree study go to waste,although he's prepared to do anything.
thanx again,
Lynn

[

QUOTE]Originally posted by darkless
Hi Lynn,

I am hoping to be able to get an IT job in Perth, but I shall be going out with other work still ongoing in the UK and me completing the work in OZ so I am not too worried straight away.

I have about 8 years experience but I am afraid that it is possible you may find it harder if you have no industry experience. That said you may be lucky and get on a graduate scheme.

For salaries in IT have a look at this

http://www.hays.com.au/salary/pdfs04...Technology.pdf

Dave [/QUOTE]