Reload this Page >

Perth houses prices

Wikiposts

Perth houses prices

Old May 28th 2004, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough
Default Perth houses prices

was having a browse through house sales in perth area and noticed the prices were pretty reasonable say compared to Qld, NSW. Any particular reason? does anyone emigrate there? is the job market any good?

General views/opinions of the area appreciated
Old May 28th 2004, 9:00 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Perth houses prices

Originally posted by trainee_pilot
was having a browse through house sales in perth area and noticed the prices were pretty reasonable say compared to Qld, NSW. Any particular reason? does anyone emigrate there? is the job market any good?

Perth is a very popular place for Brits to go to. It seems to have a higher % of brits than any other area in the Country.

Some opinions say it is too remote from the rest of Australia, some think that is a bad thing, others think its a good thing.

It sounds like it has some very good beaches, there have been plenty of threads before, and both good and bad points are heavily pushed.

It ends up coming down to what you want, and of course what Jobs are available, and I am sure those in Perth will be able to help in that area.

Old May 28th 2004, 10:23 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Job market isnt as large as in Sydney or Melbourne, unless your field of employment is Mining or offshore.

Salarywise, expect to earn about 15-20% less than Syd or Mel.

Houseprices are at least 30-40% lower than Syd or Mel.

C.f. Brisbane - In Perth house prices are lower but salaries are higher (so I'm told by my rellies who live in Brissie - personally I think it depends what field of employment you are in).

I was having a chat with a chappie from the Kwinana Industry Council and he was telling me that perth is set to rocket, employmentwise in the next 10 years. Apparently there are some fairly major plans due to come on line in the next 2 years. Having said that if it doesnt happen, Perth could be down the tubes. From what he said, there's a good chance it will, cos Perth is investing loads of money and effort into making this happen, as have a lot of large American firms who are making major deals with local Australian companies.

I hope it happens, but not until we've bought our piece of land
Old May 29th 2004, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris

.......I hope it happens, but not until we've bought our piece of land
Thanks for the info, must admit Perth looks a nice area, but then again nobody ever posts the bad things about their own town I suppose.

Will keep an open mind and possibly make a 'flying' visit to WA when we come to Oz for 3 weeks next March.
Old May 29th 2004, 1:04 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info, must admit Perth looks a nice area, but then again nobody ever posts the bad things about their own town I suppose.

Will keep an open mind and possibly make a 'flying' visit to WA when we come to Oz for 3 weeks next March.

If you want to know the "bad" things about Perth, just look for posts by Pommiebastard
Old May 29th 2004, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
If you want to know the "bad" things about Perth, just look for posts by Pommiebastard
Wow....just been reading some of his and others comments, sounded a lively chap to say the least, will delve deeper into his threads etc to see what I can pick out.

Thanks for the prompt lol
Old May 29th 2004, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point

The only bad things I can say about Perth after 18 odd months are:

It can be harder to get work in very specialized fields outside mining.

Wages are somewhat lower than major east coast centres.

Sun is incredibly fierce in summer (Oct-April--true in most of Oz) and about 10-15 days a year (yes, 10-15) are unbearably hot without refrigerated air con.

If you can navigate these, I think there are few other major negatives - forget isolation, it's Australia's closest city to ROW (rest of world).

Good luck,

David
Old May 30th 2004, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Wow....just been reading some of his and others comments, sounded a lively chap to say the least, will delve deeper into his threads etc to see what I can pick out.

Thanks for the prompt lol

If you investigate his posts too deeply

1 We won't see you posting on here for months

2 You will finish by being deeply depressed

Stay away from his posts.

Whisky
Old May 30th 2004, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by whisky
If you investigate his posts too deeply

1 We won't see you posting on here for months

2 You will finish by being deeply depressed

Stay away from his posts.

Whisky
yeah, read a few then got considerably bored and came to the conclusion this guy has a real problem with himself, seems he liked confrontation more than offering advice.

Wont be wasting anymore of my time with him.