British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Perth house rental (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-house-rental-837636/)

Hm204 Jun 30th 2014 10:02 am

Perth house rental

Hi all,
I will hopefully be moving to perth next year with my partner as police officers. We will be training in jondalup for 6 months initially and as such hoping to rent a property for this initial period within a commuting distance. We would ideally like a small house and we won't be being in any furniture so furnished is a must!! Can anyone recommend any good websites to search for rentals? Thanks guys, much appreciated

paulry Jun 30th 2014 10:55 am

Re: Perth house rental

Originally Posted by Hm204 (Post 11319885)
Hi all,
I will hopefully be moving to perth next year with my partner as police officers. We will be training in jondalup for 6 months initially and as such hoping to rent a property for this initial period within a commuting distance. We would ideally like a small house and we won't be being in any furniture so furnished is a must!! Can anyone recommend any good websites to search for rentals? Thanks guys, much appreciated

Try Other Areas Properties for Rent | allhomes and Rental Properties, Homes for Rent and Apartments to Lease - realestate.com.au

Good luck! :thumbup:

Kelli28 Jun 30th 2014 3:12 pm

Hi all,

Check gumtree you might get a share house

paulry Jun 30th 2014 9:39 pm

Admittedly, you'll need a fine tooth comb to find a furnished rental. Best to just perform a search closer to the time you are here: https://www.google.co.uk/#q=furnished+rentals+perth+wa

spouse of scouse Jul 1st 2014 1:05 am

Hi all,

Furnished standard rentals are rare in Perth, and a furnished holiday rental would cost a fortune. I'd be looking at airbnb.com for either a private room or an apartment - you would probably get a good deal for 6 months. Good luck with the move.

Pincher Jul 1st 2014 8:08 am

I'll be at the academy in August. Like SOS says, I'm using AirBnB. There are plenty of nice properties with a range of prices depending on what you want; room only, B and B or apartments. All within 5-10 mins of Lakeview Drive.

paulry Jul 1st 2014 11:50 am

Another option is to go unfurnished and bring a small budget to buy basic furniture, etc. Presumably the OP will want to do that sooner or later anyway.

spouse of scouse Jul 1st 2014 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 11321226)
Another option is to go unfurnished and bring a small budget to buy basic furniture, etc. Presumably the OP will want to do that sooner or later anyway.

There are places you can rent white goods too - i think between us all we've nailed it :p

paulry Jul 1st 2014 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 11321285)
There are places you can rent white goods too - i think between us all we've nailed it :p

:rofl: Absolutely! And don't forget Freecycle and those fab bits of furniture householders love to leave by the roadside :cool:

Lou_Diamond_Phillips Jul 4th 2014 6:33 am

Have a look here: reiwa.com.au - Perth real estate WA, property land new homes developments for sale rent REIWA

And here: Houses for Rent & Apartments for Rent - Rent.com.au

You can also check Perth Gumtree as people have mentioned.

I rent a furnished apartment and my mate rents one as well, so they are out there

ozhappy981 Jul 8th 2014 6:58 am

The Joondalup area usually has quite a few furnished apartments and houses for rent. Have a look at Real Estate, Property & Homes For Sale - realestate.com.au , choose "rent", choose Joondalup - and go from there.

Below are some examples of what's there at the moment (just in Joondalup - if you add "surrounding suburbs" to your search there will be more):

- 10/85 Reid Promenade Joondalup WA 6027 - Apartment for Rent #408855475 - realestate.com.au

- 16/167 Grand Boulevard Joondalup WA 6027 - Apartment for Rent #413531547 - realestate.com.au

- 10/42 Grand Boulevard Joondalup WA 6027 - Apartment for Rent #407619993 - realestate.com.au

- 23/18 Kingsbury Road Joondalup WA 6027 - Apartment for Rent #413426311 - realestate.com.au

- 7/42 Grand Blvd Joondalup WA 6027 - Apartment for Rent #412249319 - realestate.com.au

- 13a Lakeside Drive, Joondalup, WA 6027 - Studio for Rent #413318163 - realestate.com.au

- 9a Regents Park Road Joondalup WA 6027 - Apartment for Rent #403821773 - realestate.com.au

- 49 Lakeside Drive Joondalup WA 6027 - Studio for Rent #413054231 - realestate.com.au

At the time of your arrival, there may be quite a few people looking for furnished rentals, as other students at the policy academy may be in the same position as you.

Hi all,

Tramps_mate Jul 11th 2014 8:05 pm

They have shops that sell furniture in Australia I heard!

dashingjames Jul 23rd 2014 12:21 pm

There are a lot of furniture shops in Australia and just try to make some list of furniture first and also try to look at the difference between prices. It may differ from one furniture shop to the other. When your done with that try to contract some companies which are good in moving furniture. Oh! And if you are moving to your place(rented house) be sure to check all of the corners of the house. I don't have much knowledge on house rentals but Good Luck on your move to Perth!

paulry Jul 23rd 2014 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate (Post 11333780)
They have shops that sell furniture in Australia I heard!

:lol: Indeed there are. :p

There's also Gumtree :thumbup: