Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth house prices !!!

Perth house prices !!!

Old Oct 19th 2006, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: Perth house prices !!!

Originally Posted by movetoperth
we actually spent an age updating the wensite last weekend with the starting prices on a 4x2 home in each suburb, that should give you an idea of how much it will cost to get into a suburb, just remember that it's a starting price and obviously you can spend much more, also it's based on 4x2's (thats 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms) in the most part, so usually 3x1's will come in cheaper. have a look here http://www.movetoperth.com/info/subu...b_browser.html we've also put in what percentage each suburb has increased over the last 6 and 12 months, again based on the lowest price.

Hope you find it useful.

Lynn

Bloody Hell, good info if very frightening!
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:03 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth house prices !!!

HEY!!!!! You be careful you dont choke on that sandwich

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I don`t think it is so much much about the information (for me anyway), I think people are more in need of re-assurance (hold my hand please!! ) hence the doubts and worries and perhaps if we can convince ourselves that the market is slowing down then it may actually happen (I can always dream!!) On my sensible days I tell myself that there is no point worrying about it yet, whats meant to be will be ( after all I could get run over by a bus tomorrow!!) And on that happy note Im off to have a sandwich!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I think what I should have said was that there is plenty of information on perth house prices on BE, using the search function should really be everyones first port of call.
But the situation can change very quickly. I think we need new threads every day on Perth house prices If everyone just used the search function, BE would become little more than an archive of outdated information.

For what it's worth, it looks like the next interest rate rise (or lack of it) will be key. There are a lot of people holding off on house purchases as they are expecting another rate rise and the market to soften.

The central bank doesn't always act as people expect it to. Sometimes they talk as if a rate rise is inevitable, and the talk is all that is needed to produce an effect, so in the event the expected rise doesn't happen. If that's the case this time, I think people could pile back in to the market, giving it a final bounce. Affordability and common sense seems to suggest it wont go much higher whatever happens, and it could come down, especially if interest rates do go up.

In other words, I haven't got a clue really.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 1:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Exile
But the situation can change very quickly. I think we need new threads every day on Perth house prices If everyone just used the search function, BE would become little more than an archive of outdated information.

For what it's worth, it looks like the next interest rate rise (or lack of it) will be key. There are a lot of people holding off on house purchases as they are expecting another rate rise and the market to soften.

The central bank doesn't always act as people expect it to. Sometimes they talk as if a rate rise is inevitable, and the talk is all that is needed to produce an effect, so in the event the expected rise doesn't happen. If that's the case this time, I think people could pile back in to the market, giving it a final bounce. Affordability and common sense seems to suggest it wont go much higher whatever happens, and it could come down, especially if interest rates do go up.

In other words, I haven't got a clue really.
The market has definately softened already. There is a house for sale about 3 houses down from me that has been on the market for 3 weeks now. When I bought that was unheard of.

I personally don't think they will rise at the same rate and there may even be a moderate drop but the economic conditions in WA even with a rate rise won't make the massive drop which I think people are holding out for.