Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth House/Land Prices - Interesting Article

Perth House/Land Prices - Interesting Article

Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about
Default Perth House/Land Prices - Interesting Article

Dear All

Noticed this article on 'Perth Now' this morning. Interesting to read that land prices should stabilise with the release of more plots.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...5-2761,00.html

Any comments? anyone noticed a slowing in the market or not. Only interested as we wish to buy land when we (eventually ) arrive. Whilst we're on the subject is it risky to buy and build in the hills due to Fire risk?

Grateful for any comments

PS. Hope the link works - never tried it before
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Perth House/Land Prices - Interesting Article

Somerly has just announced its next phase. They are releasing 13 plots. How bloody stupid, they release so few and then wonder why there is a frenzy to get one!!!! makes me really angry!!!
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:04 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Somerly has just announced its next phase. They are releasing 13 plots. How bloody stupid, they release so few and then wonder why there is a frenzy to get one!!!! makes me really angry!!!

they got released on sat, I got one but I am thinking I cant get the fininace now or even afford to build on the bloody thing, im so angry too.......
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

What were the cheapest blocks?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:17 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
What were the cheapest blocks?

the cheapest were around 179000 but were tiny corner blocks, I got a cottage block for 204000 which is only 375m2, It was a right pain trying to get the block, but the titles are not going to be relased till at least Feb and I have to have my finance in place by 8th Nov, and the houses are alot more expensive than I thought, I think I am going to struggle with the mortgage on my own....im gutted
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Guys

Thanks for the replies. I take it that the reality isn't as rosy as depicted then? $200,000 seems a lot for 375m2. Are people still camping out to get first dibs on the few blocks that are released then?

We'll have to hope things change in the next year.

All the best

Last edited by Craig822; Sep 27th 2006 at 10:42 am. Reason: attention to detail!