Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth - Hillarys Coffee Meet

Perth - Hillarys Coffee Meet

Old Jan 28th 2007, 10:56 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth - Hillarys Coffee Meet

Just to let you know that this Thursday's coffee meet will be back at the Dome, Hillarys from 12pm (till 2pm).
We are hoping to source another venue though, so get your thinking caps on and come up with some suggestions for the meeting to take place, as the Dome is not going to cope for much longer!
The main problems people are raising are, not enough room, can't get seats unless you get there early, can't get to talk to who you want to because if you move you lose your seat, no good for those with children etc.
At this week's meeting we will discuss any suggestions offered and agree on the new venue for the following week's meeting.

If you are unable to make it this week we will be posting details of the new venue.

Sam

Last edited by thpinkpussycat; Jan 28th 2007 at 11:00 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:34 am
Now in Perth and lovin it

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice
Default Re: Perth - Hillarys Coffee Meet

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Just to let you know that this Thursday's coffee meet will be back at the Dome, Hillarys from 12pm (till 2pm).
We are hoping to source another venue though, so get your thinking caps on and come up with some suggestions for the meeting to take place, as the Dome is not going to cope for much longer!
The main problems people are raising are, not enough room, can't get seats unless you get there early, can't get to talk to who you want to because if you move you lose your seat, no good for those with children etc.
At this week's meeting we will discuss any suggestions offered and agree on the new venue for the following week's meeting.

If you are unable to make it this week we will be posting details of the new venue.

Sam
Hi, I've just moved to Woodvale, dead close to Hillarys, and I know virtually no one!

These coffee meets at Hillarys are these a Females only meet or does everyone go down?

My wife got a Job over here so we up sticks and moved, the only problem is she now works in Karratha and is away for 17 days out of 21. Begining to think this may not have been the best move we could've made...
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:50 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Sam
Hiya hope you dont mind but just told my mother in law about these meets. My father in law may be pursuaded to go too! Would be nice I think? They emigrated to Secret Harbour in Feb 2006! I have sent her the link to this thread so hopefully she will be in touch soon.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:16 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pookster
Hi, I've just moved to Woodvale, dead close to Hillarys, and I know virtually no one!

These coffee meets at Hillarys are these a Females only meet or does everyone go down?

My wife got a Job over here so we up sticks and moved, the only problem is she now works in Karratha and is away for 17 days out of 21. Begining to think this may not have been the best move we could've made...
Hi

Yes we are mainly girls, we have the odd bloke along but not very often. However you are more than welcome to come.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:32 am
toon army

tone73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pookster

if its just the ladies why not try the moon and sixpence, on a sat arvo
Old Jan 31st 2007, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Sam
Hi Sam - I can't make tomorrow's meet now but put me down for somewhere that is child friendly and means Aidan can run about like a loony with as little hassle as poss for me - I much prefer to chat than to keep checking on him Go Banana's in Joondalup is fab - however it does mean kids running around which those without kids probably won't want. Although - the schools are back so it shouldn't be busy at all
Old Jan 31st 2007, 2:08 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you guys have fun
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey, this all sounds very PTFA and formal. Scary Don't think I'm brave enough for this one.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:14 pm
I'm watching YOU...

Originally Posted by sunbather
Crikey, this all sounds very PTFA and formal. Scary Don't think I'm brave enough for this one.
Sorry if we have come over a bit formal, but we are not like that honest just a bunch of girls getting together for coffee and chat, it a great way to meet people in the same boat, get some advise or support. We welcome everyone so if you are in Perth please come along and you will see.

Sam
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

HJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant future

Sorry if we have come over a bit formal, but we are not like that honest just a bunch of girls getting together for coffee and chat, it a great way to meet people in the same boat, get some advise or support. We welcome everyone so if you are in Perth please come along and you will see.

Sam
A lot of us cant wait until Thursday, especially if we are feeling a bit low or have only been here a little while. I have often come away feeling happier than before I went and have become more knowledgable on things.
My children and I would still be billy no mates if it wasnt for the meet. I personally enjoy it, so like Sam said do come down if you get a chance. Everyone is soooo sweet!!!!!

Helen
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 5:28 am
Now in Perth and lovin it

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice

Originally Posted by tone73
if its just the ladies why not try the moon and sixpence, on a sat arvo
ok mate, that's just up the road from me.
Cheers
Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:49 am
I'm watching YOU...

Just to let everyone know that we have changed the venue for Thursday. Once again the Dome struggled to cope last week so we are now going to be at the Quay Cafe still at Hillarys.
The menu looks good and there is even a toy box to keep any nippers happy and we have been able to reserve some tables

Hope to see you there

Sam
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

Any chance of escaping the wife for an hour on Thursday and sending her along with you lot? We are over on a reccie trip and wondered would mind my wife joining you next Thursday (22nd March) for a chin wag, is it still at the Quay Cafe?
Thanks.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

i keeping an eye on the location of this meet too. im over on 31st march for couple of weeks and im going to try and get there - if my brother has left me a couple of free hours in what seems a very hectic agenda
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:51 pm
I'm watching YOU...

Originally Posted by Malcs66
Any chance of escaping the wife for an hour on Thursday and sending her along with you lot? We are over on a reccie trip and wondered would mind my wife joining you next Thursday (22nd March) for a chin wag, is it still at the Quay Cafe?
Thanks.

We have some table reserved there and are normally sat outside, if you cant see us ask one of the staff they will be able to point you in the right direction

Look forward to meeting you

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.