Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Help Please !!!!

Perth Help Please !!!!

Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:16 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Help Please !!!!

I LOVE Bunnings, spent most of my life in there last year as we bought a 70's house and renovated it - I use the Joondalup store but one of the problems is there are never enough staff, you spend ages trying to find someone to help and then usually end up giving up! And most of them are kids working there that don't know anyway.

Connolly is a nice place to live, people look after their gardens there - unlike in the neighbouring suburb where I live
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:49 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop

Connolly is a nice place to live, people look after their gardens there - unlike in the neighbouring suburb where I live
That wouldn't happen to be craigie your talking about? I was recommended the area as somewhere to invest in, just got back from having a drive around I kept telling myself that everyone must be doing so much work inside the houses they mustn't have time to look after the outside.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I love Bunnings also - can spend half a day wandering round and around. the staff have always been more than helpful to me too
Old Jan 11th 2011, 12:19 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I went into bunnings to buy a hose fitting on Sunday. $420 later I came out with the following...2 side tables for our patio, patio blind for the gazebo, BBQ tools for the old man, new mop, 6 plants and a new BBQ.

Monday I had to go back because I forgot the hose fitting. That time I only spent $1.99 I am no longer allowed to go to Bunnings with debit or credit cards. And I have to have a shopping list and only enough cash to pay for what's on it.

hehe - you sound like me especially with the plants. Hubby has even resorted to the drastic step of accompanying me to Bunnings so I stay focused
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
That wouldn't happen to be craigie your talking about? I was recommended the area as somewhere to invest in, just got back from having a drive around I kept telling myself that everyone must be doing so much work inside the houses they mustn't have time to look after the outside.
Usually a sign of lots of investment properties being rented out. Or it could just be people too busy to look after the outside.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Not fair. I wanted to see what you have to say.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

That's good to know.

I've sent you a pm
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

sapphires is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sapphires
What role ? what store ?
oops how do you pm someone ?
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

The right hand corner of your screen. You must have read it to post. Just reply to it.

You have an inbox and a sent box
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:36 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
No ours is in Heathridge but is same thing as Cragie, we put so much effort into our gardens and some people here just let it overgrow and don't look after the verges - as someone said, think it is probably the renters - mind you when we were renting we still looked after the garden and verges so I don't see why they cant.......... Do you want to buy my house? They are saying its a great place to by for investment, but I cant wait for that long, I need a bigger house now, but think it will all be worth a fortune around here in about 7-10 years........ providing they sort the verges and gardens out
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
No ours is in Heathridge but is same thing as Cragie, we put so much effort into our gardens and some people here just let it overgrow and don't look after the verges - as someone said, think it is probably the renters - mind you when we were renting we still looked after the garden and verges so I don't see why they cant.......... Do you want to buy my house? They are saying its a great place to by for investment, but I cant wait for that long, I need a bigger house now, but think it will all be worth a fortune around here in about 7-10 years........ providing they sort the verges and gardens out
Ok it's not next door but in the same area - driving around Padbury I'm noticing more and more houses that a year ago looked like a shack but now have been rendered and the gardens done up and landscaped - obvious sign of an area improving.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Ok it's not next door but in the same area - driving around Padbury I'm noticing more and more houses that a year ago looked like a shack but now have been rendered and the gardens done up and landscaped - obvious sign of an area improving.
Hi Hoofie,

yes I agree totally - just over 4 years ago when we bought this house we also looked in Padbury, cragie, Beldon, as they were all roughly the same. Over christmas I went to a christmas party at a friends house in Padbury and was so amazed at the difference! It didn't look like the same place as it did 4 years ago, lots of really nice renovated houses with big extensions. I wished we had of bought there cos it was only marginally more expensive then Heathridge back then. Hope Heathridge does go the same way, there are lots of couples moving in to the area and doing renovations, but its the large proportion of investment/rental properties which I think let the area down here atm We have also rendered and done the limestone wall thing, shame its not compulsory lol
Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

JBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bill Frame
Hi There,
first time post, we are a family of 4 about to move to Perth to take up a job offer with Bunnings,just waiting for the final sign off. We currently live in a small village called Thornhill Dumfriesshire,just had -20c and lots of snow,so cant wait for the change,looking at Connelly areas or a bit further North.Daughter is 5 years old and son is 19. Any help or directions on house renatls would be very appreciated, hoping to make lots new contacts soon
Bill
If you're wanting a short term rental while you look around try www.stayz.com.au, they have fully furnished holday rentals that you can use for a few weeks while you put your feelers out.

Big price difference in Northern Burbs ......
Expensive (closer to the beach):
Mindarie
Iluka
Burns Beach
Ocean Reef

Cheaper but still decent
Kinross
Butler
Currambine
Connolly (although golf course here so can get expensive)
Joondalup (overpriced though I think)

My suggestion is to stick to the ocean side of wanneroo road and get as close to the water as you can for property value. I've lived in northern suburbs for over 20 years, so feel free to message me if you need any other help

Cheers
Wayne