Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PERTH-help for newbies!

PERTH-help for newbies!

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PERTH-help for newbies!

I have been meaning to come for months, maybe before the kids go back I will make it down with the ankle biters
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:44 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gillian,
Yes, we will be there this week (Thursday 4th)
Try and come if you can, it's always good to see new faces!
Tracey

Looking forward to it - will do my best !
How will I recognise you all & where will you be ?

Gillian
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 7:07 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Looking forward to it - will do my best !
How will I recognise you all & where will you be ?

Gillian

Hi Gillian,
The last few times we've been there, we've been the biggest group. If you'd like my mobile number send me a pm.
Tracey
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 7:09 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I have been meaning to come for months, maybe before the kids go back I will make it down with the ankle biters
Try and make it if you can sometime during the school hols. Be nice to catch up with you!
Tracey
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:55 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much everybody for making me feel welcome. Next time it won't be so daunting (hopefully )

Gillian and kids
Old Jan 28th 2007, 10:52 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let you know that this Thursday's coffee meet will be back at the Dome, Hillarys, at 12pm
We are hoping to source another venue though, so get your thinking caps on and come up with some suggestions for the meeting to take place, as the Dome is not going to cope for much longer!
The main problems people are raising are, not enough room, can't get seats unless you get there early, can't get to talk to who you want to because if you move you lose your seat, no good for those with children etc.
At this week's meeting we will discuss any suggestions offered and agree on the new venue for the following week's meeting.

For those not able to come this week we will post details of the new venue.

Sam
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:11 pm
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Just to let you know that this Thursday's coffee meet will be back at the Dome, Hillarys, at 12pm
We are hoping to source another venue though, so get your thinking caps on and come up with some suggestions for the meeting to take place, as the Dome is not going to cope for much longer!
The main problems people are raising are, not enough room, can't get seats unless you get there early, can't get to talk to who you want to because if you move you lose your seat, no good for those with children etc.
At this week's meeting we will discuss any suggestions offered and agree on the new venue for the following week's meeting.

For those not able to come this week we will post details of the new venue.

Sam
I will be along again but probably in a couple of weeks as I am starting my new job ! Have been snowed under with moving in so haven't managed to get to the meet up during the hols but looking forward to seeing you all again !

Gillian
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:48 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I am new and also hope to be moving to Perth nearer the end of the year nice to meet you all hope to see you all soon?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:53 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

will i need to buy anything clothing wise for myself or my son? was thinking of getting some hats for us both, plus anyone know of a good sunblock/suncream that can be bought in oz for sensitive skins? son and i are prone to dermatitis and i am allergic to colbalt blue colouring and organic mercury some of which are in sun factors....one that would be applied once or twice a day would be great!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

hi planning to be in perth in june with my family would it be ok if i came to your meeting as we are doing a trial run of being expats so we would really like to meet up with real expats and their experiences
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:28 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachie241
will i need to buy anything clothing wise for myself or my son? was thinking of getting some hats for us both, plus anyone know of a good sunblock/suncream that can be bought in oz for sensitive skins? son and i are prone to dermatitis and i am allergic to colbalt blue colouring and organic mercury some of which are in sun factors....one that would be applied once or twice a day would be great!
If you are coming out in time for next summer I would say just stock up on summer cloths, hat are always a go idea especially for the the little ones.
Dont forget to also bring you winter cloths, the winters here are milder than the UK. We can get a lot of rain.
The days can be nice and warm but the nights it can get very cold, especially as houses dont have central heating and no double glazing.

The sun cream you get here is spf 30+ . We by it by the litre as you use so much. My daughter also has sensitive skin but i find the normal skin cream you can buy in coles or woolworths fine, but i did buy one for ultra sensitive skin for her face. I have look at the list of active ingredients on the back of both and cant see either of ingredients you mentioned but they use big words so i could be wrong!

if you need any more info please feel free to ask and i will do my best to help

Sam
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:37 pm
I'm watching YOU...

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
hi planning to be in perth in june with my family would it be ok if i came to your meeting as we are doing a trial run of being expats so we would really like to meet up with real expats and their experiences
We often have trainee expats come along to coffee armed with lists of questions and a note book
We will do our best to help, you will get a wide of range views most of us are happy and settled here, but some have struggled with homesickness and we also have had our first returnee.
Hopefully we will be able to give you a balanced view of life in Perth.

Sam
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

thehoweys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I have been in Perth for a while now and have a daughter with eczema so have been through quite a lot of suncreams - this is the only one so far that doesn't irritate it
http://www.sunsense.com.au/products_low.php

At home in UK I always bought Bergaderm which is a mousse and lasts up to 6 hours - designed for sensitive skin! I came out with about 10 bottles! You get it from Sainsburys

Hope that helps
Susan x
Old Jan 31st 2007, 2:55 pm
Here at last!

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
If you are coming out in time for next summer I would say just stock up on summer cloths, hat are always a go idea especially for the the little ones.
Dont forget to also bring you winter cloths, the winters here are milder than the UK. We can get a lot of rain.
The days can be nice and warm but the nights it can get very cold, especially as houses dont have central heating and no double glazing.

The sun cream you get here is spf 30+ . We by it by the litre as you use so much. My daughter also has sensitive skin but i find the normal skin cream you can buy in coles or woolworths fine, but i did buy one for ultra sensitive skin for her face. I have look at the list of active ingredients on the back of both and cant see either of ingredients you mentioned but they use big words so i could be wrong!

if you need any more info please feel free to ask and i will do my best to help

Sam
Thanks sam I have the big words here somewhere....but I think if I steer clear of lanolin and blue colouring I should be ok....
Old Jan 31st 2007, 2:56 pm
Here at last!

Originally Posted by thehoweys
Hi there, I have been in Perth for a while now and have a daughter with eczema so have been through quite a lot of suncreams - this is the only one so far that doesn't irritate it
http://www.sunsense.com.au/products_low.php

At home in UK I always bought Bergaderm which is a mousse and lasts up to 6 hours - designed for sensitive skin! I came out with about 10 bottles! You get it from Sainsburys

Hope that helps
Susan x
Thanks so much that is fab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.