British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Perth Glory today (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-glory-today-646129/)

elmtree Dec 26th 2009 12:14 am

Perth Glory today

Hi all,

I have just purchased on-line tickets to see Perth Glory today (buy-one-get-one-free offer) and have printed off the TicketFast tickets.

Does anyone know if these permit free train travel ? I was told that the purchase of tickets for such games included it but there is nothing on the 'tickets' to indicate this. Don't want to get a hefty fine for travelling on TransPerth without a valid ticket.

Ta.

petensue Dec 26th 2009 1:24 am

Re: Perth Glory today

Originally Posted by elmtree (Post 8197275)
Hi all,

I have just purchased on-line tickets to see Perth Glory today (buy-one-get-one-free offer) and have printed off the TicketFast tickets.

Does anyone know if these permit free train travel ? I was told that the purchase of tickets for such games included it but there is nothing on the 'tickets' to indicate this. Don't want to get a hefty fine for travelling on TransPerth without a valid ticket.

Ta.

I have just looked at an old West Coast Eagles ticket and it says public transport included on the front of the ticket so I would have thought the Glory ones are the same?
I also looked on the Glory and ticket master website but can't find any information sorry.
I hope you enjoy the game.
Just googled it and it says public transport is included in the tickets.Sue.

elmtree Dec 26th 2009 3:01 am

Originally Posted by petensue (Post 8197320)
I have just looked at an old West Coast Eagles ticket and it says public transport included on the front of the ticket so I would have thought the Glory ones are the same?
I also looked on the Glory and ticket master website but can't find any information sorry.
I hope you enjoy the game.
Just googled it and it says public transport is included in the tickets.Sue.

Thanks, Sue. :thumbsup:

First "soccer" game in Aus. Can't wait.

leon.richmond Dec 26th 2009 4:31 am

Hi, Its my first game too, misses bought me a ticket, cant say im rly looking forward to watching sunday league footy, but its the best they have to offer......what i would give to be able to watch Nottingham Forst this arvo instead!

petensue Dec 27th 2009 1:49 am

Wow you guys should go more often if that is going to be the score every time you go:D
I hope you enjoyed the atmosphere.I fancy going but need to work on my husband as he does not fancy going.
Have you been to any Aussie rules games?The atmosphere is great and even my non sporty 13 year old daughter loves going.Sue.

busta1234 Dec 27th 2009 12:48 pm

hi,, hope to be movin to perth next yr 2010,,,but will realy miss my footie,,,is it any good over there,,atmos etc,,,away fans,,,wot is the attendance at the glory,,happy new yr,,,dave[port vale fan]:eek:

Kryptonix Dec 28th 2009 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by busta1234 (Post 8199297)
hi,, hope to be movin to perth next yr 2010,,,but will realy miss my footie,,,is it any good over there,,atmos etc,,,away fans,,,wot is the attendance at the glory,,happy new yr,,,dave[port vale fan]:eek:

Attendance is 8-10k, atmos is good in the shed (standing part.. not for families) not sure about other parts.. not much by way of away fans. Some fans meet in the pub before hand.. games on their own are $25 or you can get a season ticket at the start or they do deals mid-season. Standard is up and down.. not premier league or championship put it that way but worth checking if\when you get here.

norfolkpedlar Dec 28th 2009 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by leon.richmond (Post 8197398)
Hi, Its my first game too, misses bought me a ticket, cant say im rly looking forward to watching sunday league footy, but its the best they have to offer......what i would give to be able to watch Nottingham Forst this arvo instead!

So Nottingham Forst(?) dont play sunday league football anymore? Thought it would have been right up your street after the years of tripe served up at the City Ground. :rofl:

leon.richmond Dec 28th 2009 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by norfolkpedlar (Post 8201074)
So Nottingham Forst(?) dont play sunday league football anymore? Thought it would have been right up your street after the years of tripe served up at the City Ground. :rofl:

Very true......but even the tripe served up at city ground for past few years is better than what the perth glory holers can produce

It would be interesting to know what level Perth could compete in in the english divisions....my bet would be conference, maybe league 2 at a push....

ozzieeagle Dec 28th 2009 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kryptonix (Post 8201043)
Attendance is 8-10k, atmos is good in the shed (standing part.. not for families) not sure about other parts.. not much by way of away fans. Some fans meet in the pub before hand.. games on their own are $25 or you can get a season ticket at the start or they do deals mid-season. Standard is up and down.. not premier league or championship put it that way but worth checking if\when you get here.

Perth travel within their domestic league further than any other club in the World. So I doubt you'll ever get a reasonable amount of supporters visiting there.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Perth Glory in the NSL were the biggest club in Aus, and held the Australian club crowd attendance record of circa 43,000 for a finals game and 18,000 for a league game Until the A league formed and Melbourne Victory came along.. They went backwards quite a bit when the Aleague formed but are slowly finding their feet on and off the pitch again.

Only real chance of a decent show of away support is if the Grand Final gets held in Perth.

busta1234 Dec 29th 2009 8:47 am

the standard might be better than what ime used too[being a port vale fan lol]like the one GLORY HOLERS,,,made me laugh,,,,,,,,dave:thumbsup:

ozzieeagle Dec 29th 2009 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by busta1234 (Post 8203021)
the standard might be better than what ime used too[being a port vale fan lol]like the one GLORY HOLERS,,,made me laugh,,,,,,,,dave:thumbsup:

It's teams like PV and their supporters that are the Backbone of the English football system :thumbup: