Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Glory Miss out on Beckham

Perth Glory Miss out on Beckham

Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:37 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth Glory Miss out on Beckham

Press reported here today that Perth Glory failed to sign Beckham , the biggest and best supported club in Australia confirmed today.
Nick Tanna (Mr fried chicken) one of Australias richest men said after long talks with Beckham he failed to convince him that Perth had a lifestyle to beat Spain , the wages were not on the same scale but he would be nearer Asia and get free Chicken Treat for life.
David was heard to say wheres Perth and is there an Australia ?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 17th 2003 at 11:45 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth Glory Miss out on Beckham

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Press reported here today that Perth Glory failed to sign Beckham , the biggest and best supported club in Australia confirmed today.
Nick Tanna (Mr fried chicken) one of Australias richest men said after long talks with Beckham he failed to convince him that Perth had a lifestyle to beat Spain , the wages were not on the same scale but he would be nearer Asia and get free Chicken Treat for life.

I always thought Becks was thick. You can never judge a book by its cover eh? He has developed the wisdom of Solomon now it seems.
I liked the chicken treat bit. This is irresistible over here.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

well i for one would have been willing to chip in to ensure his exile to perth that's for sure..

however surely ferigie went for a straight swap with your good self..??

the simularities are startingly close..

becks dribbles on the field, shoots and misses most times

and you dribble on expats and miss the point most times ....

a simple swap don't you think?? ;-)

cheers

richard
Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:47 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by r.bartlett
well i for one would have been willing to chip in to ensure his exile to perth that's for sure..

however surely ferigie went for a straight swap with your good self..??

the simularities are startingly close..

becks dribbles on the field, shoots and misses most times

and you dribble on expats and miss the point most times ....

a simple swap don't you think?? ;-)

cheers

richard
My worth is 25 million quid then and yours is bugger all as all refugees to this country.

Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
My worth is 25 million quid then and yours is bugger all as all refugees to this country.

it's stage payments plus performance related..maybe you'd better not get involved...;-)

cheers

richard
Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:50 pm
Banned

it's stage payments plus performance related..maybe you'd better not get involved...;-)

cheers

richard
Becks earnings last year was $28 million US dollars and yours no forget it just half your UK wage and you will have your Australian one.

Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

more than yours in any currency you wish to quote...

cheers

richard
Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:53 pm
Banned

cheers

richard
I am sure it was, wages are piss poor in Australia but I will bet I am earning more than you can here.

Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers

richard
What job do you do? You have heard of telephone number wages? In Oz, you will door number wages.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

i tried to post but it went haywire....
again...

self employed air conditioning eng..my last company Ambient control had a uk turnover of 1 million when i left..2000

in australia i have been told to expect to charge out @$50-60ph au plus parts charged at -say 1.8x cost etc

extrapolate and go figure..

whilst i don't obviously expect to be 'flatout' at first i have sufficient contacts to get me going..

so pb how much do 'you' earn????????

cheers

richard
Old Jun 18th 2003, 12:07 am
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by r.bartlett
again...

self employed air conditioning eng..my last company Ambient control had a uk turnover of 1 million when i left..2000

in australia i have been told to expect to charge out @$50-60ph au plus parts charged at -say 1.8x cost etc

whilst i don't obviously expect to be 'flatout' at first i have sufficient contacts to get me going..

cheers

You will be lucky I know plenty of guys in your game not getting $16 per hour, my charge out rate $160 per hour .

Old Jun 18th 2003, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers

You will be lucky I know plenty of guys in your game not getting $16 per hour, my charge out rate $160 per hour .

you can't get away that easily

one you talk about mechanics 'on the books'

then you talk about how much the 'charge you out at'

err not quite a level playing field is it??

so again pb -how much do you earn??

cheers

richard
Old Jun 18th 2003, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

again...

cheers

richard
You are looking for sound advice? Budget to earn 600-700 per week. That would be good for your job.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 12:14 am
Banned

cheers

you can't get away that easily

one you talk about mechanics 'on the books'

then you talk about how much the 'charge you out at'

err not quite a level playing field is it??

so again pb -how much do you earn??

cheers

richard
Your figure was not the weekly wage for a fitter here it was for a company rate so was mine as for my earnings , it is greater than you will see out of your $50 charge out rate.

Old Jun 18th 2003, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

that's just plain silly

I've already been offered a job at 800 bucks starting pay+ bits

a real job offer too as i've got a fax from the owner etc and several conversations later..

cheers

richard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.