Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Foreshore development

Perth Foreshore development

Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth Foreshore development

http://www.perthwaterfront.com.au/

It looks good and I hope it happens but with Carpenter, who talks a good game and that's about it, who knows?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all
Default Re: Perth Foreshore development

Transport to and from the International Airport of a booming city is still way down the list of government priorities I see...
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcpiano
Transport to and from the International Airport of a booming city is still way down the list of government priorities I see...
Sure. They can afford to do both. This is the richest state government in Australia remember. If I had to choose between an airport rail link or foreshore development, I'd go for the latter.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Sure. They can afford to do both. This is the richest state government in Australia remember. If I had to choose between an airport rail link or foreshore development, I'd go for the latter.
Why do you believe that a rail link is not a priority?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by marcpiano
Why do you believe that a rail link is not a priority?
Like I said the gov. should do both - they can afford it. As much as I love living here I realise that Perth is not the most dynamic place in the world, the foreshore development will go a ways to changing that. At the moment it's just a big expanse of grass, nice but there is too much of it. It needs redevelopment.

I'm only a 15min drive from the airport anyway and would not use the train.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

they should use the money they were going to use for the museum to sort out transport to the airport.... i mean, why it is going to cost them hundreds of millions for a museum... to house what?!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:00 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

It looks nice. But is it me or does the big "gherkin" look like the leaning tower of Perth?

The bit I don't understand is getting rid of Riverside Drive. It is hard enough getting across the city as it is.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:27 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
http://www.perthwaterfront.com.au/

It looks good and I hope it happens but with Carpenter, who talks a good game and that's about it, who knows?
I think i might become a window cleaner with all that glass about .But seriously it would be interesting to see if it livens the city centre up at night .
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

If public transport and taxi services improve to outlying areas, I think it should be okay.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I think it looks grim.

Far too 'busy', overcrowded and extremely tacky.

Completely ruins the skyline.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

I love the sky line as it is. But the plans look good.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by worzel
It looks nice. But is it me or does the big "gherkin" look like the leaning tower of Perth?

The bit I don't understand is getting rid of Riverside Drive. It is hard enough getting across the city as it is.
I think the proposal is to put Riverside drive underground?

I like it. If it has the effect of livening up the CBD then party on. Knowing Perth though, how much is pint down there going to cost?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:09 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by flowergal
I love the sky line as it is. But the plans look good.
I think what they are trying to acheive is to bring the city to the river - which it isn't at the moment. It's bizarre that they are only thinking of this now though.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
I think it looks grim.

Far too 'busy', overcrowded and extremely tacky.

Completely ruins the skyline.
Having seen the plans on the news I would have to agree... I love the Perth skyline and the fact that, unlike nearly every capital city in Australia, the river frontage isnt covered in high rises, now it'll be pretty much the same as all the others.

I also dont understand how they can justify spending all this money on it when there are public services crying out for help.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:51 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
I also dont understand how they can justify spending all this money on it when there are public services crying out for help.
I agree, give the nurses, teachers and coppers a pay rise then spend the rest on infrastructure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.