Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Driving Test?

Perth Driving Test?

Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

chrisp6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Perth Driving Test?

Do you have to take a driving test for license in Perth?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:18 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Perth Driving Test?

Originally Posted by chrisp6
Do you have to take a driving test for license in Perth?
According to another thread on here...apparently not anymore...bloody marvellous news
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:15 pm
The golf better be good!

Click69 is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I know, if you have a UK licence you have to sit a computerised exam. But don't worry, you only have to get 23 out of 30 questions right and if you fail you simply return the next day to do it again. What's even better is you can practice the test now on this link http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/learner/quiz/index.html

You can also download the rules of the road (drive safe book) from this site.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

no you dont!!

they've changed the rules from jan 1st 2005 - citizens of certain countries (ie. UK, the Netherlands) can get their WA-license without doing the test now.
all you have to do is rock up at the licensing centre with your current license, fill out some forms, get your photo taken...and you get your license in the mail within a week or so! they dont even punch holes in your current license as i've heard some states do!

its that easy...i did it last week.

tanja
Old Jan 14th 2005, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

Does anybody know if you have an Irish Licence do you still have to do a test. I know that the rules changed in Jan 2005 for certain countries, But I don't know if the rules apply to people arriving from Ireland. Any help would be appreciated.