Perth Curry

Old Nov 27th 2013, 2:51 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Curry

Originally Posted by Ballys
Same spruiker Micky-T =Mike at Taree?
Why bailey's, how could you think such a thing?!

I remember posting on that old thread, it was revolting the way the OP used this forum and the people on it.

Last edited by Alfresco; Nov 27th 2013 at 6:06 pm. Reason: Fix quote.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 2:52 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
This topic comes up on here often

British curry has been developed, mainly by Bangladeshi people, to suit UK tastes and has become so successful that it is now one of the main types of restaurant and takeaway food in that country

Curry in Australia is different - they are not trying to cater for British people (although there are a few places that do). You will find that it will be different again in other countries - my cousin from SFO visited us in the UK when we lived there. He said that he ate a lot of curry at home but really loved the curry in the UK, said the taste was totally different. So, as usual, it's not just a UK/Australia thing (although most Poms on BE cannot see a world outside of these 2 countries)

I'm sure that Indian food in India will also be very different

Places that I have enjoyed in Perth are:
2 Fat Indians in Mt Lawley
9 Marys in the CBD (expensive but they are in the entertainment book)
A place in North Perth that I can't remember the name of
My house

The best Indian food I have ever had was on Langkawi Island, Malaysia
Love 2 Fat Indians, also the Jolly Good Indian in Inglewood
Old Nov 27th 2013, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

I've never been to Perth, doesn't appeal to me and I doubt if I ever will. As to Mickey T, no connection.

At the end of the day I really don't care what restaurants there are in Perth.

Edit: as Amazulu says it's a topic that comes up often, I was simply trying to elicidate whether the OP was bemoaning the fact he couldn't get:

A decent BIR curry
A decent AIR curry
or any decent curry like substance at all, and whether he was aware of the factors that could be causing this sad state of affairs. Thus a brief explanation of why BIR and AIR curries differ from each other and of course from genuine Subcontinental cuisines. I see that's been covered elsewhere and nicely summed up by Amazulu.

As curry is one of my hobbies I was trying to be helpful ... I was under the mistaken impression that that was what forums were for.

Outta this thread, toodle pip.

Last edited by Mike at Taree; Nov 27th 2013 at 3:00 am.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 2:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
the Jolly Good Indian in Inglewood
another good one - BYO too
Old Nov 27th 2013, 3:02 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Amazulu
another good one - BYO too
Yes, I love that, makes the evening much less expensive
Old Nov 27th 2013, 3:40 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

The new Nepalese place next to Mrs Browns in North Freo isn't too bad - a bit lacking in atmosphere but the food's pretty good. Byo too - which is a plus.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I remember posting on that old thread, it was revolting the way the OP used this forum and the people on it.
It's Ballys... Baileys is something entirely different!
Old Nov 27th 2013, 9:46 pm
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alfresco
'Orrible stuff
Old Nov 27th 2013, 11:44 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Alfresco
ooops, sorry!
Old Nov 27th 2013, 11:45 pm
Concierge

'Orrible stuff
I used to think so too, but after downing a few over ice on a really hot day, I quite warmed to it.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 12:05 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I love that, makes the evening much less expensive
Curry and Baileys....Yuk
Old Nov 28th 2013, 1:44 pm
Concierge

Curry and Baileys....Yuk
Oh I agree, it's icy cold Kingfishers with a curry
Old Nov 28th 2013, 11:31 pm
My hovercraft is full of

Not only spruiking on BE either!

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry...c,12378.0.html
Old Nov 28th 2013, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Chips on the menu...

non "indian" food appears on curry house menus simply to cater for diners who "don't eat that foreign stuff"

no one remember the late 70s on the Costa del Sol where British breakfast with Heinz baked beans was easier to find on the menu than paella???

IMHO its not a reflection of authenticity, simply an attempt to cater to...

OK... maybe it IS indicative of a pommie indian curry... what other nation would go into a restaurant and demand their "own" foods,
Old Nov 29th 2013, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

The best in Perth I have found and the closest to British style is the Glasgow Curry House in Joondalup, Scottish Indian owner and chef and just like you get back home, with the spiced onions and huge peshwari naans filled with that yummy red coconut paste.

Give it a try

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.