Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Perth commutable from Mandurah?

Is Perth commutable from Mandurah?

Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of
Default Is Perth commutable from Mandurah?

I've seen that Mandurah is about 80kms south of Perth, but is there anyone in Oz that can tell me if it is realistically commutable to the CBD by train or decent roads?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:37 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is Perth commutable from Mandurah?

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
I've seen that Mandurah is about 80kms south of Perth, but is there anyone in Oz that can tell me if it is realistically commutable to the CBD by train or decent roads?
Hmmm well the place in the sun program tonight seemed to indicate that a new road and rail link was being built this year which would shorten the journey to 1 hour.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is Perth commutable from Mandurah?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hmmm well the place in the sun program tonight seemed to indicate that a new road and rail link was being built this year which would shorten the journey to 1 hour.
Thanks Buzzy. That's less than I do now.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:02 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
Thanks Buzzy. That's less than I do now.
I think the railway and the new highway are due open fairly soon. The existing highways are of great quality and there is hardly any traffic so the journey is not too bad anyway.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:52 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

There are many people that commute now as it is only an hour now. The freeway goes down as far as Rockingham but will soon extend to Mandurah. The train will be there once all the unions get their arse into gear and finish it. I think the train could be around 45 to 50 mins but not sure.