Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth City to Surf - How did you all do?

Perth City to Surf - How did you all do?

Old Aug 27th 2006, 3:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Perth City to Surf - How did you all do?

What a great day for a run. I reckon I came in at 56:45 ish - look forward to seeing the official time in a few days.

What about everyone else?
Old Aug 27th 2006, 4:13 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth City to Surf - How did you all do?

Well done Renth, sit and relax now with a beer and enjoy the beautiful weather.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 6:41 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

About 1 hour 30 for me. Oh, wait. That was the time I had to wait for a f***ing bus back into the city. And then it dropped us at the station rather than on the Terrace because I reckon they had to pull some of the footy buses off the station-Subi shuttle when they realised they screwed up.

Some f***ing toilets along the route might have been nice too. We stopped once and as women were using the gents lost 15 minutes.

My company (probably the largest in WA) also failed to lay on a marquee / sausage sizzle to compound the catalogue of errors.

So anyway it would have been a walk of 2hrs 15mins for us without the stop - not bad when trying to drag a sulking 9 year old along.

Having said all that we enjoyed it. I just hope I can walk on my ankle tomorrow as I can barely do that now. No idea what I did.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 6:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
About 1 hour 30 for me. Oh, wait. That was the time I had to wait for a f***ing bus back into the city. And then it dropped us at the station rather than on the Terrace because I reckon they had to pull some of the footy buses off the station-Subi shuttle when they realised they screwed up.

Some f***ing toilets along the route might have been nice too. We stopped once and as women were using the gents lost 15 minutes.

My company (probably the largest in WA) also failed to lay on a marquee / sausage sizzle to compound the catalogue of errors.

So anyway it would have been a walk of 2hrs 15mins for us without the stop - not bad when trying to drag a sulking 9 year old along.

Having said all that we enjoyed it. I just hope I can walk on my ankle tomorrow as I can barely do that now. No idea what I did.

sit down outside and make the sulking 9 year old bring you a beer.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:02 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
sit down outside and make the sulking 9 year old bring you a beer.
I did better than that! I lay on one of our new recliners in the sun with my peg in the pool and made her bring me 3 beers
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:23 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Well done you guys who took part!

We had a frantic call from our sons soccer coach at 9am, saying he would be late for kick off cause of the diversions.

How fab was the weather today though!!

ATB

Nicola
Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Well done - good time! My hubby did it in 1hr 11min
Our little boys loved the free funfare afterwards.

Originally Posted by renth
What a great day for a run. I reckon I came in at 56:45 ish - look forward to seeing the official time in a few days.

Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:56 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i hurt all over and just got home after being all sweaty and covered in dirt !

Oh no didn't do the run been paintballing
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:28 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Good time Renth, better than me, I went out to fast at the start and my legs packed up around 9km, I think I was probably somewhere around the 1hr 5 mark.
Fantastic day for it though, spent the rest of it relaxing with a few beers and a BBQ.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:30 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
Good time Renth, better than me, I went out to fast at the start and my legs packed up around 9km, I think I was probably somewhere around the 1hr 5 mark.
Fantastic day for it though, spent the rest of it relaxing with a few beers and a BBQ.
Wasn't it a great day? I celebrated by drinking a bottle of red wine and now I feel like sh*t.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

I did 1hr and 37mins, which might not be as great as some of you guys, but I was dead excited. Very pleased with myself
Old Aug 28th 2006, 1:01 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't it a great day? I celebrated by drinking a bottle of red wine and now I feel like sh*t.
Fantastic day, so much better than the pissing rain that fell the whole time last year, getting up for work today was a major achievement though
Old Aug 28th 2006, 1:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

Well done to all who took part.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:56 pm
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

Good that all proceeds go to Activ.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

My husband did it in 55 mins something.

When are the official times out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.