Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Capital Of Cool, Must Visit City

Perth Capital Of Cool, Must Visit City

Old Jan 18th 2018, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Capital Of Cool, Must Visit City

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Badge Is Back.Did I say there was something wrong with living in a middling city? Firstly, I 'don't talk' to you. Once in ten years? Do you keep a diary? Fact is for years I barely participated on this forum. Perhaps it is you not making a lot of sense?
No its you. Badge makes perfect sense.

You talk about Perth as average, middling, you have very few good things to say about it, but then get very protective when one says a bad word.

I get the sense you really don't want to be in such a middling, isolated place, but for whatever reason you have no choice, whether that be money or whatever. (most likely money with the obsession with others wealth)
Old Jan 18th 2018, 11:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, no one needs to ponder this weighty business of Perth's coolness any longer. I'm coming back to live there, probably by the end of this year.

With me living there, the Cool-O-Meter will be off the scale
Old Jan 18th 2018, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Ok, no one needs to ponder this weighty business of Perth's coolness any longer. I'm coming back to live there, probably by the end of this year.

With me living there, the Cool-O-Meter will be off the scale
whooo hoo.

That's big news right?
Old Jan 18th 2018, 11:18 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
whooo hoo.

That's big news right?
It is for me! http://britishexpats.com/forum/back-...n-made-908143/
Old Jan 19th 2018, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Boez.......Although it may shatter the very presence of your being, some do things divorced of money reasons, startling as it must seem.

You and a few others attempt to score a point here and there, wherever possible, of the back of a remark made. Not a lucky shot with recent critique either I'm afraid.

Of course Perth is a 'middling' city. I don't get protective, why on earth would I, just call the real shots, when the uninformed make dubious statements of belief.

Not the money of others, I can assure you, but the stuck up pretence of others perhaps? Some try a little too hard, when not long of the boat, to 'fit in' all perfectly understandable I suppose.

At least the continued ideological stance has taken a back seat for awhile.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

spouse of scouse....Yep. Come back and back and sample the cool aid. First one on me so how cool is that? The doubters with regards to Perth's superior status as capital of cool will be eating their hearts out.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boez.......Although it may shatter the very presence of your being, some do things divorced of money reasons, startling as it must seem.

You and a few others attempt to score a point here and there, wherever possible, of the back of a remark made. Not a lucky shot with recent critique either I'm afraid.

Of course Perth is a 'middling' city. I don't get protective, why on earth would I, just call the real shots, when the uninformed make dubious statements of belief.

Not the money of others, I can assure you, but the stuck up pretence of others perhaps? Some try a little too hard, when not long of the boat, to 'fit in' all perfectly understandable I suppose.

At least the continued ideological stance has taken a back seat for awhile.
You have changed your tune again ....... you aren't making any sense.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Well best of luck. A great experience none the less right.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boez..... It's very simplistic language I'm using. No need to be a scholar. Neither has there been tune changing. I'll help you out. Of course what you mean to say, is not that I don't make sense, but that you don't have an answer.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Badge Is Back.Did I say there was something wrong with living in a middling city? Firstly, I 'don't talk' to you. Once in ten years? Do you keep a diary? Fact is for years I barely participated on this forum. Perhaps it is you not making a lot of sense?
No, but I do remember you've been around awhile...and only once do I recall you saying you like it or its home, in answer to a direct question from myself. You seem to equate middling with quality, surely? These things go in phases: you've been grumbling though for quite a few years and no, I don't keep a diary and I wont look up your join date :-)

Incidentally..moving on: all this talk of middling cities: I can't think of a city that is more middling than Birmingham, Manchester or Liverpool. Hrs from the world city London but decidedly middling. Interesting that London is so far out infront by comparison. I've often thought that many other countries have cities more evenly distributed in their own 'Tier 1': the US, and yes AU.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Jan 19th 2018 at 5:22 am.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
No, but I do remember you've been around awhile...and only once do I recall you saying you like it or its home, in answer to a direct question from myself. You seem to equate middling with quality, surely? These things go in phases: you've been grumbling though for quite a few years and no, I don't keep a diary and I wont look up your join date :-)

Incidentally..moving on: all this talk of middling cities: I can't think of a city that is more middling than Birmingham, Manchester or Liverpool. Hrs from the world city London but decidedly middling. Interesting that London is so far out infront by comparison. I've often thought that many other countries have cities more evenly distributed in their own 'Tier 1': the US, and yes AU.
I prefer more abstract, if you must than too often relating personal preference, but that's me. Further what I note about Perth is generally what I have an accord with on times that I do refer.

Don't bother looking up. 2008 signed up. In 2010, I was back living in London, that spring/summer.

I would rate Manchester etc as more provincial cities rather than 'middling' as Perth's status differs somewhat, but hardly important, call it as you will.

The only two Alpha cities that I am aware of in the true form are London and New York.

Obviously there are a number of influential and growing ever in influence cities, some that may in the not too distant future join the London/New York club.

Shanghai, must be a contender. Singapore has definitely the makings....a number of others a bit further down, but a way to go. Although mega regions are more likely to over ride individual cities in importance, IMO.

Greater Tokyo is home to over 55 million and something like $2.5 trillion $ in economic out put.

In Germany, the mega region, encompassing Stuttgart, Frankfurt and Mannheim, has over 23 million people , many in finance and quality manufacturing produce something like $800 billion .....

Far removed from being a 'cool' city though. That list has changed over the years as cities increasing cater for particular segments of society and out price to varying degrees the artists, creative types with little money, eccentrics, alternatives, older people, those with different perspectives that don't 'fit in' with the prevailing orthodoxy of the moment/time.

Last edited by the troubadour; Jan 19th 2018 at 7:32 am.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer more abstract, if you must than too often relating personal preference, but that's me. Further what I note about Perth is generally what I have an accord with on times that I do refer.

Don't bother looking up. 2008 signed up. In 2010, I was back living in London, that spring/summer.

I would rate Manchester etc as more provincial cities rather than 'middling' as Perth's status differs somewhat, but hardly important, call it as you will.

The only two Alpha cities that I am aware of in the true form are London and New York.

Obviously there are a number of influential and growing ever in influence cities, some that may in the not too distant future join the London/New York club.

Shanghai, must be a contender. Singapore has definitely the makings....a number of others a bit further down, but a way to go. Although mega regions are more likely to over ride individual cities in importance, IMO.

Greater Tokyo is home to over 55 million and something like $2.5 trillion $ in economic out put.

In Germany, the mega region, encompassing Stuttgart, Frankfurt and Mannheim, has over 23 million people , many in finance and quality manufacturing produce something like $800 billion .....

Far removed from being a 'cool' city though. That list has changed over the years as cities increasing cater for particular segments of society and out price to varying degrees the artists, creative types with little money, eccentrics, alternatives, older people, those with different perspectives that don't 'fit in' with the prevailing orthodoxy of the moment/time.
The German cities are a great example. But it is of course a mega-region...it reminds me of course of London and New York that both are true huge regions where many live just outside.

I sometimes find London quaintly small in size when I visualise its geography but only due to the smaller sprawl. The edge of Melbourne is as far out as Basingstoke...

There are tens of cities far louder and diverse..in North America eg Mexico City.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Jan 19th 2018 at 10:59 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Seems all of Perth was 'cooling' of at the beaches earlier today. We had a hell of a job to find parking. Plenty of people waiting in their cars for another to vacate as well. Some sort of surf life saving event on. Cottesloe was impossible. Leighton likewise, finally about to give up at Port Beach, when a fellow said they were leaving and to follow them and take their space. All good.

The roads were surprisingly quiet though. Festival of Perth starting in another week. I may do a thread on the events around that. Already have about five pencilled in.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 7:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse....Yep. Come back and back and sample the cool aid. First one on me so how cool is that? The doubters with regards to Perth's superior status as capital of cool will be eating their hearts out.
I'll probably pass out when I have my first ice cold lager!
Old Jan 21st 2018, 7:25 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Beoz
Well best of luck. A great experience none the less right.
Thanks Beoz Yes, an absolutely wonderful experience, loved (loving) every minute. While we're still here we're going to make the most of being on this side of the planet - off to Morocco in a few weeks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.