Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth - burglary rate?

Perth - burglary rate?

Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth - burglary rate?

Does Perth really have such a high burglary rate? (see below)

http://www.livingin-australia.com/perth-pros-cons.htm

Summing up Perth's Pros and Cons
Perth is a pleasant place to live with a relaxed, outdoors lifestyle.

Perth Pros
Wages are high compared with houses prices

A sunny, warm, Mediterranean climate

A beautiful, clean city

Expansive white-sand beaches

Warm seas and breathtaking sunsets over the Indian Ocean

Pleasant suburbs with easy traffic

Excellent public transport

Very attractive countryside around the city

The fremantle doctor, an afternoon sea breeze, is a great relief on the hottest days

Perth Cons
Some summer days are too hot

The swarms of flies that come sometimes in summer when winds bring them in from the east

There are too many boy-racers on the roads

Perth has the highest burglary rates of any major Australian city
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:37 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Perth - burglary rate?

Originally Posted by Luma
Yep.

As at December 2004, Western Australia recorded lower rates than most other States in Australia for violent offences, but was the highest State for burglary in 2003.
Source.

However...

Perth appears to be finally shaking off its tag as being the home burglary and car theft capital of Australia, according to data released today by HBF Insurance.

HBF Insurance General Manager, Paul Italiano, said home burglary claims to HBF Insurance had decreased by 32% in the past five years and car theft claims had decreased by 28% over the same period.
Source.

That's a pretty substantial reduction for such a short period.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:37 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth - burglary rate?

Perth Pros

A beautiful, clean city

The fremantle doctor, an afternoon sea breeze, is a great relief on the hottest days

Perth Cons

The swarms of flies that come sometimes in summer when winds bring them in from the east

I can't offer too much advice, but here in melbourne in just 1 week I have seen more than enough boy racers, I think that's just a thing you find all over the world, and as for the crime rate, it might be the highest in any major australian city, but how high is that ? and is that only in certain areas ?

hopefully somebody can shed some more light on the subject,

Good luck with the flies
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:39 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Vash was quicker off the blocks than me.

Probably a boy racer
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:40 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Perth - burglary rate?

Originally Posted by furkew
Vash was quicker off the blocks than me.

Probably a boy racer
I used to be, but a 3-month license suspension cured the habit!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

I do know from friends living there that garden furniture seems to get stolen often.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:52 am
Going for a ride

I do know from friends living there that garden furniture seems to get stolen often.
buy an appartment flat ?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:53 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I used to be, but a 3-month license suspension cured the habit!
I kept bending company cars.

I know the feeling.

Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:58 am
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: Perth - burglary rate?

Originally Posted by furkew
I kept bending company cars.

I know the feeling.

They never trusted me with a company car - and I can't say I blame them! :scared:
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Perth Pros

A beautiful, clean city

Perth Cons

You also have to add the isolation and the remote location and the cold winters on the cons list.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:11 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
You also have to add the isolation and the remote location and the cold winters on the cons list.
is that because when they catch you for breaking in , you get sent to a remote jail, high up in the hills ?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's all the Brits that go there.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:58 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I work in an office of about 20 people. Two have been broken into and one has had a handbag pinched in the last 6 weeks. I found out yesterday we have a JP living 3 doors away from our new house so the police come in patrol cars all the time to get documents signed - very reassuring!

But nobody ever gets broken into in the UK
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:18 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

{QUOTE=Luma]Does Perth really have such a high burglary rate? (see below)

Perth Pros

A beautiful, clean city

Perth Cons

Perth has the highest burglary rates of any major Australian city[/QUOTE]

Did read somewhere people in Perth didn't lock their doors what do they expect... :scared: :scared: :scared: .
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Greenhorn is an unknown quantity at this point

please don't steal the dog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.