British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Perth Builders - Ross North/Summit Homes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-builders-ross-north-summit-homes-411546/)

reimondo Dec 3rd 2006 1:12 pm

Perth Builders - Ross North/Summit Homes

Any people who have built with (or know people who have built with) either Ross North or Summit Homes like to share their experiences/opinions?

Any comments would be much appreciated!

chris warren Dec 3rd 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Perth Builders - Ross North/Summit Homes

We are building in Butler with New Generation, part of Summitt Homes. House is about 2 weeks from completion. So far, can't fault them. Very helpful sales staff, happy to incorporate your variations which keep changing as you (or the wife) keep changing your mind, and they have stuck to their timetable despite the shortage of materials and labour. By helpful, things like suggesting you don't get them to fix 16 downlighters as part of the contract, but they do the wiring and you get a sparky to finish it off, saving $$$$$. We have been in he UK throughout the build but have a friend nearby who reports back on progress and will be there at the handover.

Mitchells Dec 3rd 2006 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by reimondo
Any people who have built with (or know people who have built with) either Ross North or Summit Homes like to share their experiences/opinions?

We used New Generation aswell and found them to be good, I would recommend them.
The build took place whilst we were still in UK and the people at New Generation kept us up to date and we also had a friend who lived close to keep an eye out and report back.
The only problem I had was with the plastering :scared: , it looks abit like my 5yr old did it but nothing a few days of sanding won't cure.

kimi Dec 7th 2006 5:37 pm

Hi

We built with Ross North about 11-12 years ago, never had a problem at all.

lindseyden Dec 7th 2006 7:59 pm

I work for a company that have built approx 100 houses per year, we use New Generation for some of these and have very few problems, those problems we do have are soon put right. My hubby tiles for Ross North and they too seem to be good. There are some builders I would certainly steer clear of but I'm not going to openly slate them on here, you mentioned two and in my opinion are OK.

Lindsey

TraceyW Dec 7th 2006 9:49 pm

We used Summit and have been in our house for 6 months. They completed everything on time and the finish is good. They were always helpful and answered questions.