Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

perth or brisbane for value???

perth or brisbane for value???

Old May 10th 2006, 9:48 pm
JB2
Forum Regular

JB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant future
Default perth or brisbane for value???

hi, with house prices rocketing, would you get more for your money in perth or brisbane? we will be looking to buy a place for about $350000. any advice on what we could get for this sort of money in the 2 areas? also any pros and cons between the two areas would be of help to us. thanks.
Old May 11th 2006, 6:40 am
JB2
Forum Regular

JB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant future
Default Re: perth or brisbane for value???

hi, with house prices going mad, do you think we would get more property wise in perth or brisbane?? also any one got any pros and cons between the two areas. we will be looking to get a place for about 350000k. thanks.
Old May 11th 2006, 1:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Start by looking at www.realestate.com.au or www.domain.com.au Both are very good property websites and will give you an idea of what you can get for your money.
Old May 11th 2006, 1:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JB2
hi, with house prices rocketing, would you get more for your money in perth or brisbane? we will be looking to buy a place for about $350000. any advice on what we could get for this sort of money in the 2 areas? also any pros and cons between the two areas would be of help to us. thanks.
Prices are roughly the same, although stable in Brisbane but rising steeply in Perth.
Old May 11th 2006, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

Don't you think you need to consider which area is best for your chosen field of employment??? Sorry but I am constantly amazed by the fact that people's main choice for a destination rests on where gets you a bigger house. I accept housing cost is a factor but having migrated to 2 countries and worked for an immigration department that regularly put out various reports on settlement success factors, securing well paid, interesting employment in your chosen field is probably the main factor in a successful migration - far above the house with a swimming pool.

Chose a destination where you and your spouse are likely to get employment. Swap domain.com.au for seek.com.au.
Old May 11th 2006, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hubbard
Don't you think you need to consider which area is best for your chosen field of employment??? Sorry but I am constantly amazed by the fact that people's main choice for a destination rests on where gets you a bigger house. I accept housing cost is a factor but having migrated to 2 countries and worked for an immigration department that regularly put out various reports on settlement success factors, securing well paid, interesting employment in your chosen field is probably the main factor in a successful migration - far above the house with a swimming pool.

Chose a destination where you and your spouse are likely to get employment. Swap domain.com.au for seek.com.au.
Perhaps the OP has already considered the job aspect hence only asking about Perth and Brisbane?

Mrs JTL
Old May 11th 2006, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

Perhaps indeed...........
Old May 12th 2006, 6:32 am
JB2
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hubbard

hi, i have looked into this and can get good employment in both areas, so with this in mind was hoping for a bit of help.
Old May 12th 2006, 7:37 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

personally i prefer brisbane!! but i am bias, for the money you are talking you can get a four bed lowset with ensuite and double garage, or in certain areas (nice ones i mean) you could probably get a four bed two storey etc. there are bargains around all the time, if you move to springfield lakes - which is a little bit further afield, you can get a brand new home and land from $228,000 and those areas are on the up and up development wise!!
you need to think about the area and what you want out of it, ie. close to city close to beach etc. before you decide, a 1 bed apartment over looking the river in the city would set you back around $350 - $450K - but you are in the heart of it all - it all depends on your personal choices.
regards
vb2

Originally Posted by JB2
hi, i have looked into this and can get good employment in both areas, so with this in mind was hoping for a bit of help.
Old May 12th 2006, 8:00 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: perth or brisbane for value???

Originally Posted by vb2
personally i prefer brisbane!! but i am bias, for the money you are talking you can get a four bed lowset with ensuite and double garage, or in certain areas (nice ones i mean) you could probably get a four bed two storey etc. there are bargains around all the time, if you move to springfield lakes - which is a little bit further afield, you can get a brand new home and land from $228,000 and those areas are on the up and up development wise!!
you need to think about the area and what you want out of it, ie. close to city close to beach etc. before you decide, a 1 bed apartment over looking the river in the city would set you back around $350 - $450K - but you are in the heart of it all - it all depends on your personal choices.
regards
vb2
Perth or |Brisbane indeed, was all focused on Perth, but something telling me to check out Brisbane properly.

Hmmm

Dave