Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth and Brisbane

Perth and Brisbane

Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:45 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Perth and Brisbane

Why does it seem everyones moving to either Perth or Brisbane, are'nt there plenty of other good places in OZ to live? many probably better.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:53 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth and Brisbane

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Why does it seem everyones moving to either Perth or Brisbane, are'nt there plenty of other good places in OZ to live? many probably better.
Dunno, but they are the 2 most popular places for British migrants. Don't know why
Old Jan 28th 2006, 10:02 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

I think many Brits end up going to Perth because property is still cheaper than most of the other cities. It's where most of the Brits flock so if one thinks it's ok then so does another and on and on and on.

We went to Perth because we felt the house prices were more in our price bracket than places on the east coast.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 10:29 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeyray
I think many Brits end up going to Perth because property is still cheaper than most of the other cities. It's where most of the Brits flock so if one thinks it's ok then so does another and on and on and on.

We went to Perth because we felt the house prices were more in our price bracket than places on the east coast.
Sorry but I don't agree that people make their decisions just by what other people have done. Especially when it's such a big decision to make.

I think the majority of people research into where they want to go prior to making the big move..

Just my thoughts and experience
Old Jan 28th 2006, 10:41 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Sorry but I don't agree that people make their decisions just by what other people have done. Especially when it's such a big decision to make.

I think the majority of people research into where they want to go prior to making the big move..

Just my thoughts and experience

There are lots of British in Perth and I think this may be an attraction to other people about to emmigrate. It may give them a sense of security that others are doing ok and have made the move from similar areas of the UK?
Old Jan 28th 2006, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by janeyray
There are lots of British in Perth and I think this may be an attraction to other people about to emmigrate. It may give them a sense of security that others are doing ok and have made the move from similar areas of the UK?
Suppose you have a point when you put it like that