Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Perth boring ... ?

Is Perth boring ... ?

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is Perth boring ... ?

Originally Posted by K14
Define boring
Perth
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
There was a very nice pig farmer in Penticton who decided it might be a good idea to feed a load of prostitutes to his pigs.
And nice pork sausages they were too!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sandgroper09
Well these are my opinions and for the people who dont want to venture out of surburbia, that's you problem.

1. The Brisbane in Highgate - Voted best pub in Australia last year and so it should of. Not sure about the best pub in Oz but had a good night there last Saturday.
2. The Queens in Mt. Lawley. Similar to the above.
3. The flying Scotsman in My. Lawley. Doesn't look much from outside
4. The Subiaco Hotel. Pretentious.
5. The Vic in Subi. Not Outstanding for the amount they charge
6. Little Creatures in Freo. Overpriced, noisy, chaotic barn.
7. The Cott in Cottesloe. - Hottest girls in Australia. Great view, hot girls. Average pub. (OH review)
8. OBH in Cottesloe. As above.
9. The Royal in East Perth. Nice pub and views, very expensive.

10. The Windsor in South Perth.
Okish
11. The Raffles in Applecross. Haven't been in since the refurb so can't comment.
12. The Lucky Shag in Perth. Great position but unfortunately the name says it all really!!

Give them a go..

Restraunts and clubs now? haha
Had help from the OH with some of these as he frequents pub/restaurants more than me. Entertaining clients, or so he tells me.

Last edited by stm1971; Mar 3rd 2009 at 1:05 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:03 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redlion
Are you serious Dorothy, you seemed a lot happier when we met last at kings park. I hope things improve for you if you are serious.

Nev
Oh no Nev, things are good. House build is coming along slowly but surely. Moose is a full grown slobbering blond mutt. Ron loves work - and I love it because he travels and I get the house to myself. I was just having a little bit of a sarcastic moment. How's you guys?
Originally Posted by northernbird
There was a very nice pig farmer in Penticton who decided it might be a good idea to feed a load of prostitutes to his pigs.
It was Coquitlam, not Penticton where his farm was. Just across the river from Burnaby.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

As a refugee from the NZ forum can I say that Perth is one of the most pleasant, colourful places I've ever seen. And boring, nah, never!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

camngnp223 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never been to Perth.

However, the builders across the road (a six of them) are from Perth. To quote them directly, "Perth is even more boring than Cambridge". I think that they're making the perhaps dubious comparison with London.

Cam
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[
This forum seems to enjoy knocking Perth, we loved it. [/QUOTE]

Wendy, a rekkie is completely different to real ongoing life here in Perth
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:38 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I, like hundreds of thousands of other people love Perth for not being like Melbourne etc. If you don't like Perth, that's fine with me. Just stop whinging about it and f**k off somewhere else.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Sandgroper09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stm1971
Had help from the OH with some of these as he frequents pub/restaurants more than me. Entertaining clients, or so he tells me.
He is spot on but ask him if he can come up with 10 other pubs which are better?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:00 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
I, like hundreds of thousands of other people love Perth for not being like Melbourne etc. If you don't like Perth, that's fine with me. Just stop whinging about it and f**k off somewhere else.
Good for you. I prefer Melbourne.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
You are forgetting the best feature of perth, when the zombie apocalypse starts we will be safe being so isolated....I have my cricket bat and shotgun ready just in case though
Originally Posted by bcworld
What if it starts in Perth though?
How would one possibly tell?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

one of them has bitten!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:29 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it will probably start in Sydney, not Perth. So Dave99, you'll be safe for a while longer.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=zombie
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:45 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sandgroper09
Well these are my opinions and for the people who dont want to venture out of surburbia, that's you problem.

1. The Brisbane in Highgate - Voted best pub in Australia last year and so it should of.
2. The Queens in Mt. Lawley.
3. The flying Scotsman in My. Lawley.
4. The Subiaco Hotel.
5. The Vic in Subi.
6. Little Creatures in Freo.
7. The Cott in Cottesloe. - Hottest girls in Australia.
8. OBH in Cottesloe.
9. The Royal in East Perth.
10. The Windsor in South Perth.
11. The Raffles in Applecross.
12. The Lucky Shag in Perth.

Give them a go..

Restraunts and clubs now? haha

Will you babysit while i do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.