Is Perth boring ... ?

Is Perth boring ... ?

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Sandgroper09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Perth boring ... ?

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Name these so called 'decent' pubs ...
Well these are my opinions and for the people who dont want to venture out of surburbia, that's you problem.

1. The Brisbane in Highgate - Voted best pub in Australia last year and so it should of.
2. The Queens in Mt. Lawley.
3. The flying Scotsman in My. Lawley.
4. The Subiaco Hotel.
5. The Vic in Subi.
6. Little Creatures in Freo.
7. The Cott in Cottesloe. - Hottest girls in Australia.
8. OBH in Cottesloe.
9. The Royal in East Perth.
10. The Windsor in South Perth.
11. The Raffles in Applecross.
12. The Lucky Shag in Perth.

Give them a go..

Restraunts and clubs now? haha
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Penticton springs to mind
I've been to Penticton. And Kelowna. And Osoyoos.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:18 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

There are one or two in there that 'could' or 'would' be, and by the way I've frequented them all, if you were able to find a pint under 9 bucks ...

The Queens is my favourite pub as it goes, outside of my local Paddy's in Joondalup.

Originally Posted by Sandgroper09
Well these are my opinions and for the people who dont want to venture out of surburbia, that's you problem.

1. The Brisbane in Highgate - Voted best pub in Australia last year and so it should of.
2. The Queens in Mt. Lawley.
3. The flying Scotsman in My. Lawley.
4. The Subiaco Hotel.
5. The Vic in Subi.
6. Little Creatures in Freo.
7. The Cott in Cottesloe. - Hottest girls in Australia.
8. OBH in Cottesloe.
9. The Royal in East Perth.
10. The Windsor in South Perth.
11. The Raffles in Applecross.
12. The Lucky Shag in Perth.

Give them a go..

Restraunts and clubs now? haha
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:30 am
Just Joined

There are one or two in there that 'could' or 'would' be, and by the way I've frequented them all, if you were able to find a pint under 9 bucks ...

The Queens is my favourite pub as it goes, outside of my local Paddy's in Joondalup.
I'd bite the bullet and pay 9 bucks for a pint, northern suburb pubs give me a headache. The mooner and the bailey.. errrghhhh pommy plasterers whinging and yobbos high fiving each other at the bar.

I'm all for the north though.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:36 am
Account Closed

You should try Paddy's ... 'pint of the month' which is usually decent (Guinness, Stella etc @ $7.50) ... and the clientele is marginally better than the Moon or the Bailey ...

I'd bite the bullet and pay 9 bucks for a pint, northern suburb pubs give me a headache. The mooner and the bailey.. errrghhhh pommy plasterers whinging and yobbos high fiving each other at the bar.

I'm all for the north though.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:44 am
Just Joined

You should try Paddy's ... 'pint of the month' which is usually decent (Guinness, Stella etc @ $7.50) ... and the clientele is marginally better than the Moon or the Bailey ...
Sweet.. Also, the Flying Scotsman on sunday arvos has a $10 pizza and pint deal. Pretty relaxed atmosphere. People hungover just chillin.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:53 am
Account Closed

The Flying Scotsman used to be a cracking boozer, then it went all Karaoke ... still a decent spot with a mixed crowd

As for the Subi, Raffles and those in that ilk ... they are very much 'Terrace type' metrosexual haunts but still good from time to time.

If you want a quality restaurant (at a price) head to Balthazar ... awesome atmosphere, great wine list & the food's a touch too.

Sweet.. Also, the Flying Scotsman on sunday arvos has a $10 pizza and pint deal. Pretty relaxed atmosphere. People hungover just chillin.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Latte ... two sugars ... chair with it's back to the sun ...

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Who's "they"? I can think of other cities in the world with far more serial killers than Adelaide.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I've been to Penticton. And Kelowna. And Osoyoos.
There was a very nice pig farmer in Penticton who decided it might be a good idea to feed a load of prostitutes to his pigs.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:21 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Who's "they"? I can think of other cities in the world with far more serial killers than Adelaide.
Per head of population for a city as small as Adealdie l think its had more serial killings then anywhere else, also more people go missing in Adealide then anywhere else in OZ , large numbers of people there just vanish never to be seen again.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

You are forgetting the best feature of perth, when the zombie apocalypse starts we will be safe being so isolated....I have my cricket bat and shotgun ready just in case though
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
when the zombie apocalypse starts we will be safe being so isolated....
What if it starts in Perth though.....or would that be way too interesting?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:16 am
K14
Forum Regular

K14 will become famous soon enoughK14 will become famous soon enough

Define boring
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:22 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Don't forget the sun!
and the flies...
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

We were there for part of our reccie and enjoyed every minute, found loads to do days and evenings, the city is so clean and well laid out (and I am so not a city person), people friendly and has a real nice feel to the place, only been to Oz once we then went south down to Bunbury area and liked WA but house prices have been the deciding factor is deciding to settle on the east coast.

This forum seems to enjoy knocking Perth, we loved it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.