Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Blokes...Its our Turn Now !

Perth Blokes...Its our Turn Now !

Old Nov 26th 2004, 12:23 pm
Go Banana's !!

Talking Perth Blokes...Its our Turn Now !

Ok men,

This is a call to arms, or rather golf clubs !

The girls have had their pole dancing, their salsa classes (OK this is on Saturday but still counts !), their regular Thursday coffee mornings, Bridget Jones flick and numerous shopping trips.....now its our turn !

As our stuff has finally arrived (well part of it anyway) and most importantly my golf clubs, I thought it might be a good idea if some of us got together and had a bash with the clubs (whilst I'm not working yet anyway). Things have been really hectic for us since I have got here and despite a couple of offers from Mr. Vegemite Kids, which I couldn't take up, unfortunately the golf days have been barren.

So, who fancies a game before Xmas, if a) they are free and b) could get the time off work.

Venue to be agreed (and nowhere too flash as Xmas is just around the corner and us unemployed need to watch the pennies, especially when Jill has more shoes to buy) but it would be good to get an idea who might be interested in the first place ?

Send me a PM and an email address and I'll try and pull it together.

Happy hacking !

Warren

Old Nov 26th 2004, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of
Default Re: Perth Blokes...Its our Turn Now !

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Ok men,

This is a call to arms, or rather golf clubs !

The girls have had their pole dancing, their salsa classes (OK this is on Saturday but still counts !), their regular Thursday coffee mornings, Bridget Jones flick and numerous shopping trips.....now its our turn !

As our stuff has finally arrived (well part of it anyway) and most importantly my golf clubs, I thought it might be a good idea if some of us got together and had a bash with the clubs (whilst I'm not working yet anyway). Things have been really hectic for us since I have got here and despite a couple of offers from Mr. Vegemite Kids, which I couldn't take up, unfortunately the golf days have been barren.

So, who fancies a game before Xmas, if a) they are free and b) could get the time off work.

Venue to be agreed (and nowhere too flash as Xmas is just around the corner and us unemployed need to watch the pennies, especially when Jill has more shoes to buy) but it would be good to get an idea who might be interested in the first place ?

Send me a PM and an email address and I'll try and pull it together.

Happy hacking !

Warren
Doesn't golf spoil a good walk ? Got my father in law over in Jan and he's expecting a game, I'll send him in your direction.....
Old Nov 26th 2004, 11:31 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Lemme just blow the dust off my bag.... cough cough

Ohhhh its been a while.

Anyday, anytime (um except Sat arvo's), any course. Most public courses arent to bad in price... $25 for a round

Marangaroo is good, Collier down near Chris is also good and there is always Wembley Golf course which is a cracker.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 11:33 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I so wish I could join you - hacking or otherwise! But It's just a long way to go for a round of golf. Maybe next year....
Old Nov 27th 2004, 12:05 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Siren
Lemme just blow the dust off my bag.... cough cough

Ohhhh its been a while.

Anyday, anytime (um except Sat arvo's), any course. Most public courses arent to bad in price... $25 for a round

Marangaroo is good, Collier down near Chris is also good and there is always Wembley Golf course which is a cracker.

Just you and me so far Brian. I've played at Marangaroo and enjoyed dodging the roos !! Would like to play somwhere different so lets see who else fancies it and then get orgainsed.

warren

Old Nov 28th 2004, 6:55 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Wembley a "cracker" eh ?

I am off now until the beginning of Feb 2005 in order to facilitate my mother having the time of her life here in Perth, therefore I am available at any time as of right now. Sometime this week would be optimal, except Friday afternoon, but of course I am easy. (Some might say effortless, but this is a bit harsh frankly).
Please count me in.
I have played Collier Park, and although very reasonable in most aspects, it can be frustratingly slow as they tend to cram people on chasing the mighty dollar.

Wembley sounds good to me, and I have also heard that Burswood can be a hoot, and not at all expensive.

Look forward to "thwacking a few gutties" as we say in East Lothian, or rather, did.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 7:41 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
Wembley a "cracker" eh ?

I am off now until the beginning of Feb 2005 in order to facilitate my mother having the time of her life here in Perth, therefore I am available at any time as of right now. Sometime this week would be optimal, except Friday afternoon, but of course I am easy. (Some might say effortless, but this is a bit harsh frankly).
Please count me in.
I have played Collier Park, and although very reasonable in most aspects, it can be frustratingly slow as they tend to cram people on chasing the mighty dollar.

Wembley sounds good to me, and I have also heard that Burswood can be a hoot, and not at all expensive.

Look forward to "thwacking a few gutties" as we say in East Lothian, or rather, did.
Hi Chris,

Sent you a PM.

Warren

Old Nov 29th 2004, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Would love to play, but alas and still stuck in blighty, counting down the weeks - less than 7 to go!!

Have a good day and enjoy all 19 holes!!

Not been to any course in OZ, but I like the look of Carramar
http://www.dcgolf.com.au/carramar.htm

$17 for 18 hole in the week seems to be a bargain to me!!

Dave
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:01 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by darkless
Would love to play, but alas and still stuck in blighty, counting down the weeks - less than 7 to go!!

Have a good day and enjoy all 19 holes!!

Not been to any course in OZ, but I like the look of Carramar
http://www.dcgolf.com.au/carramar.htm

$17 for 18 hole in the week seems to be a bargain to me!!

Dave

Hi Dave,

We'll have a round when you get here. Carramar looks good.

We are playing at www.wembleygolf.com.au on Thursday so looking forward to a good bash.

Warren

Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Hi Dave,

We'll have a round when you get here. Carramar looks good.

We are playing at www.wembleygolf.com.au on Thursday so looking forward to a good bash.

Warren
Hi Warren,

Looks good - have a good game and report back with all the scores!!

Dave
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:23 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I have just check the Wembley course site and found that it is about 5.7 kms long. Now to get good value for my dollar I am not planning on going around in just 73 strokes, but more like 103 hmmm maybe 123 and walking about 10 kms zig zaging down the fairway.

Well that will be my excuse.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 9:41 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Siren
I have just check the Wembley course site and found that it is about 5.7 kms long. Now to get good value for my dollar I am not planning on going around in just 73 strokes, but more like 103 hmmm maybe 123 and walking about 10 kms zig zaging down the fairway.

Well that will be my excuse.
Military golf then. Left, Right, Left, Right, Left............but good fun. Good job I have alot of balls !! Oo errr matrton !

Warren