Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth, Bayswater, whats it like?

Perth, Bayswater, whats it like?

Old May 19th 2003, 8:10 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth, Bayswater, whats it like?

Can anyone give me any info on the bayswater area of Perth, Morley, Noranda etc?
Old May 20th 2003, 1:40 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth, Bayswater, whats it like?

Originally posted by teresa.c
Can anyone give me any info on the bayswater area of Perth, Morley, Noranda etc?
Go for it they and crap but you will feel at home with Wogs , Asians and Abos , the bikies head quarters (Coffin Cheaters) is in Bayswater and thats the best home there.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 20th 2003 at 1:45 am.
Old May 20th 2003, 1:45 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

The better areas are certainly Duncraig, Woodvale, Kingsley,carine and Hammersley. These areas are more expensive but have far better schools. I live in Dianella Heights which is a lovely area with an excellent primary school. I don't think that Morley is a bad area, much better than Bayswater anyway!!
Old May 20th 2003, 1:50 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by janeyray
The better areas are certainly Duncraig, Woodvale, Kingsley,carine and Hammersley. These areas are more expensive but have far better schools. I live in Dianella Heights which is a lovely area with an excellent primary school. I don't think that Morley is a bad area, much better than Bayswater anyway!!
Morley is over priced because its near the City and great if you speak Italian or want to , the average Pom coming here would not be over joyed at the some of areas you mentioned , they are dreaming of the Pom suburbs of Duncraig, Woodvale, Kingsley,Carine , not my cup of tea by then what do I know?
This dizzy girl wants to live next to bikies , good luck to her.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 20th 2003 at 1:57 am.
Old May 20th 2003, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Many years ago (about 10+) Bayswater and Morley had pretty bad reputations, but it has improved quite a lot. Noranda area is only around 10 years old and it has never really had a bad reputation. Out of the three I would pick Noranda, then Morley, then Bayswater.

For general info, they are pretty populated areas like most Perth suburbs. They all have shopping centres at close distance. The train into the city runs through Bayswater, not far from Morley and around a 10 minute drive from Noranda. I agree with the other post though, Woodvale, Joondalup, Edgewater are much better areas. There are trains that run through there. It takes around 20-25 minutes to get into the city and there are big shopping centres there too. I think the schools are better out that way. So my personal preference would be to go more north of the city. Plus you are closer to the beach.
Old May 20th 2003, 1:58 am
Banned

Originally posted by suebo
Many years ago (about 10+) Bayswater and Morley had pretty bad reputations, but it has improved quite a lot. Noranda area is only around 10 years old and it has never really had a bad reputation. Out of the three I would pick Noranda, then Morley, then Bayswater.

For general info, they are pretty populated areas like most Perth suburbs. They all have shopping centres at close distance. The train into the city runs through Bayswater, not far from Morley and around a 10 minute drive from Noranda. I agree with the other post though, Woodvale, Joondalup, Edgewater are much better areas. There are trains that run through there. It takes around 20-25 minutes to get into the city and there are big shopping centres there too. I think the schools are better out that way. So my personal preference would be to go more north of the city. Plus you are closer to the beach.
Good input Sue , nice to see you back on the job , have you moved yet and any happier out in Yankie land?

Old May 20th 2003, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Good input Sue , nice to see you back on the job , have you moved yet and any happier out in Yankie land?

Yeah moved 26th March - well sort of - moved out of our old house 26th, moved in to the new one 28th. What a bloody hassle I tell you we were homeless for 2 days. You would not believe the systems over here. But we finally got here and I have done heaps of work around the house, painting gardening etc. Got the fences coming in 2 weeks and the drive way extension next week. Now you can see why I never made it home, sob sob. I am now saving again (as I told you in another post) Won't repeat it all.
Old May 20th 2003, 2:25 am
Banned

Originally posted by suebo
Yeah moved 26th March - well sort of - moved out of our old house 26th, moved in to the new one 28th. What a bloody hassle I tell you we were homeless for 2 days. You would not believe the systems over here. But we finally got here and I have done heaps of work around the house, painting gardening etc. Got the fences coming in 2 weeks and the drive way extension next week. Now you can see why I never made it home, sob sob. I am now saving again (as I told you in another post) Won't repeat it all.

Home is where the heart is , yours here mine in the UK , I am sure you are doing well , no Yank will keep you down.
Watched the Yank program This Old House they seem to motor but thats a TV program .

Old May 20th 2003, 7:35 am
happy bunny!!

Thanks everyone for your comments. Made a good read.

(Except for PB who just hurls insults -calling me dizzy indeed!!!- and is getting rather boring Which is a shame really because Im sure there is some useful information under all the bullsh*t he spouts.)

I was just after some info coz I had never heard of any of those places mentioned before.

Just doing research,as you do!
Old May 20th 2003, 11:54 pm
Banned

Thanks everyone for your comments. Made a good read.

(Except for PB who just hurls insults -calling me dizzy indeed!!!- and is getting rather boring Which is a shame really because Im sure there is some useful information under all the bullsh*t he spouts.)

I was just after some info coz I had never heard of any of those places mentioned before.

Just doing research,as you do!
You need advice thats for sure , book into a caravan park rent a home on the coast and give yourself 6 months to find the right area and home , only fools rush in , Grub being a good case .

Old May 21st 2003, 8:17 am
happy bunny!!

Originally posted by pommie bastard
You need advice thats for sure , book into a caravan park rent a home on the coast and give yourself 6 months to find the right area and home , only fools rush in , Grub being a good case .

You are dead right, I do need advice which is why Im on here asking the questions!
We are intending on renting for at least six months, probably in the Joondalup district, But Im interested in finding out about as many places as I can before I go. We need to get there before we can make a decision where to live permanently. As I said, Im just doing my homework!!!