Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Australia Day Skyworks

Perth Australia Day Skyworks

Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:48 am
PommieLeague

Default Re: Perth Australia Day Skyworks

Originally Posted by owieb
Some pics of the fireworks are in my photo gallery.

Enjoy!

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...0&ppuser=13947
Hi

I tried to take pics like that with my Olympus Camedia mega zoom camera last night but they turned out all shakey and crap. What did you use to take these nice pics?
Did you use a tripod, should I have taken mine?
Any advice on aperture and shutter speed would be welcome too as Im useless at night pics, cheers
Lee

Old Jan 27th 2005, 12:04 pm
owieb

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Hi

I tried to take pics like that with my Olympus Camedia mega zoom camera last night but they turned out all shakey and crap. What did you use to take these nice pics?
Did you use a tripod, should I have taken mine?
Any advice on aperture and shutter speed would be welcome too as Im useless at night pics, cheers
Lee
I used a Canon EOS300D, with a variety of lenses. A 90-300mm, 35-80mm and a 18-55mm. Exposure was around 0.3 - 0.8sec, aperture varied depending on what lens I had on. Plus I shot at 100 ISO

Tripod is essential for any long exposure shots, I also use a remote to fire the camera so I don't have to touch it.

The shots of the city had about an 8 second exposure, and the one of the moon coming up was about 6 seconds.

Other than that it was pretty much point and shoot.

I was a bit disappointed with the shots I got; there are a couple of good ones (the top of the building is my fave) but not as many as I was hoping for. Next time I'm going to take my video camera as that has a much bigger lens and I can shoot 25fps and uprez the grabs which should get me some awesome shots.

Old Jan 27th 2005, 12:11 pm
Banned

E=mc2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used a Canon EOS300D, with a variety of lenses. A 90-300mm, 35-80mm and a 18-55mm. Exposure was around 0.3 - 0.8sec, aperture varied depending on what lens I had on. Plus I shot at 100 ISO

Tripod is essential for any long exposure shots, I also use a remote to fire the camera so I don't have to touch it.

The shots of the city had about an 8 second exposure, and the one of the moon coming up was about 6 seconds.

I was a bit disappointed with the shots I got; there are a couple of good ones (the top of the building is my fave) but not as many as I was hoping for. Next time I'm going to take my video camera as that has a much bigger lens and I can shoot 25fps and uprez the grabs which should get me some awesome shots.
Do you think my Fuji Finepix A330 could get shots like this?
Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:15 pm
PommieLeague

Ive got an Olympus Camedia C-725 8x zoom and 3.0 megapix. The quality in the day is superb. Reckon I could go alright with it for nightime stuff?
Cheers

Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:21 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Our pics aren't great, but for an idea, here are some
(kodak easyshare CX 4230 Pascal wants a better one, but is not getting one, yet )

Part of the group
Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:24 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Cops (on Fraser Ave):

Waterbomber and South Perth foreshore with lots of peeps:

A very nice one I think:
Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:26 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

That's it. Got heaps more, but that'll do!!
Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:24 am
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Nice pics Simone!
I also have a kodak (DX7590), its got a fireworks setting and I always wondered how that would turn out...got a pretty good idea now from your photos!
Old Jan 29th 2005, 2:56 am
PommieLeague

Nice pics Simone. Be great to know from photography experts out there on how to get good night shots?