British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Perth Australia Day Skyworks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-australia-day-skyworks-280139/)

owieb Jan 26th 2005 2:35 pm

Perth Australia Day Skyworks

Some pics of the fireworks are in my photo gallery.

Enjoy! :cool:

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...0&ppuser=13947

Sander Jan 26th 2005 3:00 pm

Re: Perth Australia Day Skyworks

Originally Posted by owieb

Excellent pics, thanks for sharing! :)

Teresa Jan 26th 2005 3:39 pm

fab pics, just sorting mine out for emailing to UK to show them what they are missing!!!

We were in Kings Park with other expats from this site and had an amazing day, was worth being there all day to see it as we had prime spot at front overlooking the city and river. absolutely awesome!!!

maggy Jan 26th 2005 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Swifts
fab pics, just sorting mine out for emailing to UK to show them what they are missing!!!

We were in Kings Park with other expats from this site and had an amazing day, was worth being there all day to see it as we had prime spot at front overlooking the city and river. absolutely awesome!!!

Hi Doll

can you pls e mail me the pics too as I would like to e mail them back to marks family.

xxxx

Teresa Jan 26th 2005 3:52 pm

Hi Maggy, no problem, sorting them now so will mail to you, how was your day?

Teresa
xxxxx

maggy Jan 26th 2005 4:01 pm

Hi Maggy, no problem, sorting them now so will mail to you, how was your day?

Teresa
xxxxx

Went to Sorrento beach but it was bloody freezing lol only 30 degrees today. Shit I must be climatized.

Did have a swim and on body boards in ocean which was a laugh then back to Alison and Micks for a drink.

Went to Swan River at 7pm and caught fire works FANTASTIC but no bloody camera lol.

Left at 8.30 to avoid crowds and managed to be home for 9.30pm.

We were going to head to Kings Park to meet you all but the crowds were horendous so settled for the swan.

I really behaved myself and only had 3 beers all day so im making up for it tonight hahahahahah.

Im hoping Jill and Chris will also e mail me pics so I have loads to send back home.

Poor Mark is sound asleep as he has to be up at 4.30 for work lol. I have day off yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Missed you all today and know you will all have had a fab day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Teresa Jan 26th 2005 4:11 pm

sooo pleased you got down to see them, how fab were they, some of my firework pics are a bit blurred, sure the others will have plenty too though :D

xxxxxxxxx

maggy Jan 26th 2005 4:28 pm

sooo pleased you got down to see them, how fab were they, some of my firework pics are a bit blurred, sure the others will have plenty too though :D

xxxxxxxxx

Thanks doll

xxxxxxxxxxx

JayDeee Jan 26th 2005 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by owieb

Ahhh so frustrating, we were in Perth yesterday but had to be back in Geraldton today so missed them, we had fireworks in Gero but they were to be honest mothing better than a local firework display back in the UK, Ok but nothing to write home about.

Glad you had fun
Kala

Dreamaway 10 Jan 26th 2005 5:31 pm

Great pics Australia Day fireworks look really good.
Lovely looking cat.
Thanks for sharing theese with all of us.
Cheers
Hoping we shall be part of the celebrations next year.

Simone Jan 26th 2005 11:58 pm

Great pics!

I'll see if I can get some up tonight, haven't seen if ours turned out any good though.

We had a great time, very nice spot in King's Park!

Maggy, good to hear you had a nice day, I'll email some pics tonight if they're any good.

maggy Jan 27th 2005 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Simone
Great pics!

I'll see if I can get some up tonight, haven't seen if ours turned out any good though.

We had a great time, very nice spot in King's Park!

Maggy, good to hear you had a nice day, I'll email some pics tonight if they're any good.

Thanks simone look forward to it

xxxx

jensteve Jan 27th 2005 4:04 am

After the live show at Perth last night we got home and taped it for the in-laws when they arrive.
Never seen anything like them before, absolutely stunning and thanks to Warren for finding a wonderful vantage point to view them over the river.
Same place next year then?

Jenny

ps the traffic wasn't that bad on the way home either

TheAncientGeek Jan 27th 2005 4:51 am

Originally Posted by jensteve
After the live show at Perth last night we got home and taped it for the in-laws when they arrive.
Never seen anything like them before, absolutely stunning and thanks to Warren for finding a wonderful vantage point to view them over the river.
Same place next year then?

Jenny

ps the traffic wasn't that bad on the way home either

On the subject of taping it... does anyone know if last night's programme will be re-shown any time soon, I didn't think to tape it for my parents at the time.

Alternatively, do they produce official video/dvd souvenirs of the event? I can't find any such reference on the net so I think perhaps not...

Go Banana's !! Jan 27th 2005 9:30 am

For the third time of saying I HAD A FANTASTIC TIME !! LOL

Jill