Perth Arrival

Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth Arrival

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Hi Dave and Mel

Welcome to the forum, you will find it both addictive but very informative.

Great meeting up with you guys yesterday its nice to able to exchange info, and to meet others who are going through the same process, glad to see that we are not the only insane people going on this adventure
Scooby,

Sent you a PM. Small world!!!!!

Regards
Karl.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: REPLY

Originally posted by mel&dave
Hi Karl,

Went through Barton on way to Barrow yesterday to visit Scooby (Due out in Perth Oct 2003).

Henry Afrikas still open, though dont get in much as I feel a bit of an old fart (most people 16 - 20). I'm told that you still stick to the Carpet!

Im in Engineering (Mechanical - Project Management) and my wife (Mel) is in accounts.

Can't wait to get to Perth as its just started wazzing it down here! winter in perth must be better than our summer!

Keep in Touch

Dave
Hi Dave,

What a small world. Humberside (or North Lincs as it is now) must breed us migrant types

Good to hear Henry Africa's is still on the go.

Sounds like we are in the same line of work. I'm a planning engineer working for one of the oil companies. I did a lot of work on the refineries on Humber bank when I lived up there.

Have you got sorted out with a job in Perth? I've got a number of contact details for agents. If you want to send me a PM I’ll send them across to you.

All the best
Karl.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:37 pm
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dave and Mel

Lucky you, we are hoping to go Oct/Nov 2003. Somebody gave me a web address the other day , thought it might come in handy- www.pomsinperth.com apparantly they are 2 family's who have done the immigration bit to Perth in 2000 and they now own 3/4 houses just north of city centre, which they rent out fully kitted out for people like us awaiting our household stuff!!! they also pick you up from the airport. They decided to set this up because they got so ripped off themselves when arriving and did not know anyone to help with info etc.. so free advice as well, I've looked at their web site and I would certainly give them a go,they may even be able to help you in the suburbs question.
Hope all goes well,
Happy travelling.
Suz
Old Jun 8th 2003, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

mel&dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by suz
Hi Dave and Mel

Lucky you, we are hoping to go Oct/Nov 2003. Somebody gave me a web address the other day , thought it might come in handy- www.pomsinperth.com apparantly they are 2 family's who have done the immigration bit to Perth in 2000 and they now own 3/4 houses just north of city centre, which they rent out fully kitted out for people like us awaiting our household stuff!!! they also pick you up from the airport. They decided to set this up because they got so ripped off themselves when arriving and did not know anyone to help with info etc.. so free advice as well, I've looked at their web site and I would certainly give them a go,they may even be able to help you in the suburbs question.
Hope all goes well,
Happy travelling.
Suz
Thanks Suz,
Just emailed the company for availability / prices etc.
Keep in touch.
Mel & Dave
Old Jun 8th 2003, 5:38 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

Warwick is a nice suburb, i stopped there in a b&b and it was close to a supermarket, post office, cinemas and other shops. its not to far away from the beach or the highway to the cbd. it also has a train station near by to.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

gormaymax is an unknown quantity at this point

Mel & Dave,

Personel message on your (my forum) folder

Andy

Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by gormaymax
Mel & Dave,

Personel message on your (my forum) folder

Andy

Thanks for the advice Andy, very informative.
Cheers
Mel & Dave
Old Jun 8th 2003, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

MartyO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Hi Dave & Mel

Woodvale,Duncraig,Currambine,Carramar and Kingsley are all supposed to be nice areas.
Hillarys and Mindarie also look nice but as they are nearer the beach property prices are a bit steeper

Diane& Jeff

Hi there

We were out in Perth about 18 months ago and all these areas are nice. We had a good look around the show homes in Currambine - different from here in UK as a number of different builders have show homes next to each other rather that one volume housebuilder, so you can easily walk from house to house and compare. I understand that most of the land blocks are gone in these areas if you were intending building your own. A new area of land release is planned at a new suburb called Somerlie. As far as I am aware the Mitchell Freeway and rail line will be extended north beyond Joondalup so this suburb will also be very handy for the CBD. I have a web link explaining this if anyone is interested?

As you say Mindarie and Hilarys are very nice but more pricey. Nothing like sitting outside in the pub at Hilarys in the sun watching the world go by!!

Cheers

Martin
Old Jun 9th 2003, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

paula m is an unknown quantity at this point

look at
www.pelicanpals.co.uk
Old Jun 9th 2003, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by karlos
Hi Dave,

What a small world. Humberside (or North Lincs as it is now) must breed us migrant types

Good to hear Henry Africa's is still on the go.

Sounds like we are in the same line of work. I'm a planning engineer working for one of the oil companies. I did a lot of work on the refineries on Humber bank when I lived up there.

Have you got sorted out with a job in Perth? I've got a number of contact details for agents. If you want to send me a PM I’ll send them across to you.

All the best
Karl.
Hi Karl,

How are you?

Thanks for your reply to our thread, I think I may have a start via CODE engineering, but would appreciate any contact details you have, just in case things dont work out.

Thanks again, and keep in touch

Dave

Old Jun 9th 2003, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Nina is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for that link.
We are flying to Perth in July and compered to others this is a very sheap carrental.

Regards
Nina

Originally posted by karawara88
Anon E Mouse: What is the point in posting an answer like that. Its of no help or value to anyone. As you live in Perth you are in a position to help with the question.

For cheap car hire try http://www.bayswatercarrental.com.au/
Old Jun 9th 2003, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Default Thanks Guys

Thanks to everyone responding to thia thread, it has been great to realise that theres so many of us out there in the same situation. This forums great, only wished we had known about it sooner (Thanks Scoob!)

We hope to meet as many of you as possible once in Perth, please keep in contact and we'll sort out a meet, PM us if interested.

Cheers

Dave & Mel

Old Jun 10th 2003, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mel&dave
Hi Karl,

How are you?

Thanks for your reply to our thread, I think I may have a start via CODE engineering, but would appreciate any contact details you have, just in case things dont work out.

Thanks again, and keep in touch

Dave

Hi Dave,

Good to hear that you've got fixed up. I've attached a link to a thread I posted a few weeks ago.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=153231

Keep us updated on how it goes. Best of luck with the job.

Regards
Karl.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Default Ta for Link

Karl,

Thanks very much for the link, useful to keep, just in case!

Talk 2 U Soon

Dave

Old Jun 10th 2003, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

krest69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FRIENDLY MESSAGE

HI,, MY SISTER AND HER HUBBY HAVE JUST LEFT AND ARRIVED IN PERTH YESTERDAY. THEY HAVE ARRANGED CAR HIRE AND HAVE AN APARTMENT, THEY ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR SOMETHING A LITTLE MORE PERMANENT THOUGH.
I CAN ASK WHAT CAR HIRE FIRM THEY USED IF YOU WANT.
ALSO ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME WHICH I CAN FORWARD ON THAT MAY ALSO BE HELPFUL TO THEM.

HOPE YOUR MOVE GOES AS WELL AS MY SISTERS

REGARDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.