Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth airport transfers services to SH

Perth airport transfers services to SH

Old Jul 19th 2012, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

naomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nice
Default Perth airport transfers services to SH

Hi all,
We are a family of 5 arriving in Nov, kids will be 7 months, 2 and 6. I am after recommendations of an airport transfer service to collect us in the evening from the airport and take us to our rental in Secret Harbour. Anyone have any recommendations, will probably have quite alot of luggage.

Mindarie car hire were recommended but have refused the transfer as we aren't hiring a car from them ( they'd only let us have the most expensive vehicle they do and had to be for a minimum 2 weeks! Very unhelpful!!!)

Alternatively anyone know which taxi company service the airport and I'll try pre book a large vehicle with them? If anyone has their phone number that would be good.

Thanks all in advance
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:58 pm
FiP
Forum Regular

FiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really nice
Default Re: Perth airport transfers services to SH

Originally Posted by naomilondon
Hi all,
We are a family of 5 arriving in Nov, kids will be 7 months, 2 and 6. I am after recommendations of an airport transfer service to collect us in the evening from the airport and take us to our rental in Secret Harbour. Anyone have any recommendations, will probably have quite alot of luggage.

Mindarie car hire were recommended but have refused the transfer as we aren't hiring a car from them ( they'd only let us have the most expensive vehicle they do and had to be for a minimum 2 weeks! Very unhelpful!!!)

Alternatively anyone know which taxi company service the airport and I'll try pre book a large vehicle with them? If anyone has their phone number that would be good.

Thanks all in advance
Probably worth ringing a few to compare quotes :

Taxi companies:Swan Taxis
Tel: (08) 9422 2222
Fax. (08) 9321 6262

Black & White Taxis
Tel: (08) 9333 3322
Fax: (08) 9333 3355

or private hire companies which I have found cheaper than taxis sometimes: http://www.perthperth.com/airportper...rockingham.htm
http://www.westcoastcharter.com.au/
http://www.setcars.com.au/
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

naomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nice

Great thanks for these.

Setcars i have had a quote from it was $220 sounds alot!

Originally Posted by FiP
Probably worth ringing a few to compare quotes :

Taxi companies:Swan Taxis
Tel: (08) 9422 2222
Fax. (08) 9321 6262

Black & White Taxis
Tel: (08) 9333 3322
Fax: (08) 9333 3355

or private hire companies which I have found cheaper than taxis sometimes: http://www.perthperth.com/airportper...rockingham.htm
http://www.westcoastcharter.com.au/
http://www.setcars.com.au/
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:14 pm
FiP
Forum Regular

FiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really nice

Great thanks for these.

Sorry to say that it will be expensive as there really is no other public transport way to get to SH from the airport and these companies know it!
Old Jul 19th 2012, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Hi all,

Thanks all in advance
you could try mine line 0409026826 they have mini bus take workers on fifo from airport to mandurah
Old Jul 20th 2012, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mandurahtaxis.com.au
you can email them/book online and they have people carriers in their fleet

http://www.airporttransfermandurah.c...yguide.com.au/
for Mandurah Mine Lines as someone else suggested, they cater for holiday-makers as well as fly-in, fly-out workers

We are a family of 5 too. When we arrived, my sister and her boyfriend picked us up. I warned her there would be a lot of luggage, good job she took me seriously! They hired a 12 seat minibus with a trailer attached. We still had to put some luggage in the boot and on the seats, thank heaven they hired what they did and nothing smaller. Don't you have any family or friends here who would be willing to hire something and pick you up?
Old Jul 20th 2012, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Great thanks for these.

Hire a car it will be much cheaper.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

No family, mine are in UK, hubby's are East Coast but in the middle of nowehere, Cooma and Bemboka (he is Australian)

We have hired a car from Rockingham the morning after we arrive as hiring from the airport we'd have had to hire the car seats for the kids for the duration of the hire. The company in Rockingham are just going to let us use some for the first day until we collect some from Target, am going to do click and collect to reserve the seats from the uk before we leave.

Plus with three kids who will be 6, 2 and 7 months I don't envisage us getting alot of sleep on the flight over so wouldn't really be ideal having to drive for an hour on no sleep.

Will try all the other companies everyone has suggested thanks all!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 8:06 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

No family, mine are in UK, hubby's are East Coast but in the middle of nowehere, Cooma and Bemboka (he is Australian)

We have hired a car from Rockingham the morning after we arrive as hiring from the airport we'd have had to hire the car seats for the kids for the duration of the hire. The company in Rockingham are just going to let us use some for the first day until we collect some from Target, am going to do click and collect to reserve the seats from the uk before we leave.

Plus with three kids who will be 6, 2 and 7 months I don't envisage us getting alot of sleep on the flight over so wouldn't really be ideal having to drive for an hour on no sleep.

Will try all the other companies everyone has suggested thanks all!
Not sure if you know but with the new child restrain laws even your 6 year old needs a car seat, approved booster seat at least, until he/she is 7 years of age.