Reload this Page >

Perth Airport to Hillarys

Perth Airport to Hillarys

Old May 25th 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

clairegary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth Airport to Hillarys

Hi

Can anyone tell me the different ways to get from Perth Int airport to Hillarys? Also how much should I expect to pay for a taxi and is there any firms that are reasonably priced that I can book in advance?

thanks
Old May 25th 2008, 10:49 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Airport to Hillarys

Originally Posted by clairegary
Hi

Can anyone tell me the different ways to get from Perth Int airport to Hillarys? Also how much should I expect to pay for a taxi and is there any firms that are reasonably priced that I can book in advance?

thanks
There will taxi's outside the terminal when you arrive. I think $60 (ish) will get you to Hillarys, (we live there!)

A taxi firm I use a lot Swan Taxi www.swantaxis.com.au

If your landing this Saturday 2.00am, I'll be at the airport pick someone up. :-)

Neil
Old May 26th 2008, 8:16 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by clairegary
It cost us around $50-something to get to Trigg from the airport in March. Hillarys isn't that much further up, so $60 sounds roughly right. We arrived in the small hours of the morning, and had to wait a bit for a taxi.

Mind you, the taxi driver had pretty much zero knowledge of the area (and not much English), so we had to get him to put the address into his satnav, which he then followed slavishly (down towards the city and up the freeway, rather than the faster way via the Tonkin & Reid highways.

Cheers
b
Old May 26th 2008, 9:01 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benlast
It cost us around $50-something to get to Trigg from the airport in March. Hillarys isn't that much further up, so $60 sounds roughly right. We arrived in the small hours of the morning, and had to wait a bit for a taxi.

Mind you, the taxi driver had pretty much zero knowledge of the area (and not much English), so we had to get him to put the address into his satnav, which he then followed slavishly (down towards the city and up the freeway, rather than the faster way via the Tonkin & Reid highways.

Cheers
b
Actually I have found that going through the tunnel is quicker than Tonkin/Reid when its not busy
Old May 26th 2008, 10:29 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Actually I have found that going through the tunnel is quicker than Tonkin/Reid when its not busy
I agree, offpeak I always go gt eastern highway and then the tunnel. Gives newcomers a great view of the city too.
Old May 26th 2008, 12:23 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I agree, offpeak I always go gt eastern highway and then the tunnel. Gives newcomers a great view of the city too.
Thats good for the domestic but for international keep going on Orrong and turn left into Kewdale which goes straight into Horrie Miller. Or opposite if coming from Airport.
Old May 26th 2008, 2:31 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I've only ever gone the Reid/Tonkin route. I would never think to go down to the tunnel then back up the freeway. I'll have to give it a go next time the old man goes away.
Old May 27th 2008, 4:59 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Thats good for the domestic but for international keep going on Orrong and turn left into Kewdale which goes straight into Horrie Miller. Or opposite if coming from Airport.
I go to the Domestic quite a lot but haven't been to International since we arrived. The one exception is that I did a 4WD course with work round the corner and it took 3 sets of lights just to get out of the airport. I went the Tonkin / Reid / Wanneroo Road route back to Carramar and it took about an hour 20 minutes in total during rush hour! I will have to try your route next time I am out that way.
Old May 27th 2008, 5:07 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I go to the Domestic quite a lot but haven't been to International since we arrived. The one exception is that I did a 4WD course with work round the corner and it took 3 sets of lights just to get out of the airport. I went the Tonkin / Reid / Wanneroo Road route back to Carramar and it took about an hour 20 minutes in total during rush hour! I will have to try your route next time I am out that way.
That's exactly what happened to me - were you at the AHG driver training centre?
Old May 27th 2008, 5:14 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I went the Tonkin / Reid / Wanneroo Road route back to Carramar and it took about an hour 20 minutes in total during rush hour!
Outside of the rush hour (9.30pm) Tonkin / Reid / Wanneroo Road route back to Tapping takes 50 minutes.

Gina
Old May 27th 2008, 10:55 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
That's exactly what happened to me - were you at the AHG driver training centre?
That is the one.
Old May 29th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

fly2hi is on a distinguished road

If you google map it, there doesn't seem to be much in it. I tend to go reid highway but that's probably just because you tend to think 'north' and swing 'north'. Always get stuck with the dozens of t/lights. At least via the tunnel you can (theoretically) do 100k and if if gets jammed up you can switch to Marmion ave or drive up the beaches which is sooooo relaxing