British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Perth - accommodation (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-accommodation-925575/)

charliecapaldi1 Jun 7th 2019 7:16 pm

Perth - accommodation

Hello,

Does anyone know where would be a good starting point in Perth to live?

Pollyana Jun 8th 2019 12:11 am

Re: Perth - accommodation

Originally Posted by charliecapaldi1 (Post 12694943)
Hello,

Does anyone know where would be a good starting point in Perth to live?

Definitely more info required - where will you be working, is it just you or a family, do you need schools etc, do you want to be near a beach, etc etc

charliecapaldi1 Jun 8th 2019 1:18 am

Hello,
Its great to charmer, I’m going my friend there as both working in holiday, however there is a lot to do!!!!

ideally like to find somewhere cheap till I manage to bail down s job (hopefully) 🙏

Or as there’s to we will have enough more to cover us for 2-3 months.

So in summary somewhere close to industry and transport links were possible!

Thank you :)

spouse of scouse Jun 8th 2019 1:26 am

Originally Posted by charliecapaldi1 (Post 12695082)
Hello,
Its great to charmer, I’m going my friend there as both working in holiday, however there is a lot to do!!!!

ideally like to find somewhere cheap till I manage to bail down s job (hopefully) 🙏

Or as there’s to we will have enough more to cover us for 2-3 months.

So in summary somewhere close to industry and transport links were possible!

Thank you :)

I'm a bit worried that you seem to be relying on finding a job in your profession of engineering. It's very unlikely that this will happen as employers for these types of jobs look for people on permanent visas, not temporary work/holiday visas. The usual types of jobs for work/holiday visa holders are temporary work in service or labour industries such as working in bars, shops and fruit picking. The work/holiday visa is really just for people to have an extended holiday in Australia and pick up a bit of temporary work here and there to supplement their funds.

charliecapaldi1 Jun 8th 2019 1:35 am

Hello,

I had considered that however have spoken to 3-4 people who have secured engineering positions on s working holiday visa.....

spouse of scouse Jun 8th 2019 3:29 am

Originally Posted by charliecapaldi1 (Post 12695087)
Hello,

I had considered that however have spoken to 3-4 people who have secured engineering positions on s working holiday visa.....

They were lucky, fingers crossed that you are too but do be prepared to do other work if you need money!

charliecapaldi1 Jun 8th 2019 3:32 am

Thank you.

Any advice for where to stay at a reasonable price to good transport links?

:)

spouse of scouse Jun 8th 2019 3:53 am

Originally Posted by charliecapaldi1 (Post 12695097)
Thank you.

Any advice for where to stay at a reasonable price to good transport links?

:)

Perth consists of a small City hub, with sprawling suburban areas stretching to the north, south and east of the City. You wouldn't be able to obtain an ordinary rental property as they almost always require you to sign an agreement to rent for at least 6 months, usually 12 months.

The most cost effective form of temporary housing would be a flat/home share, and they're usually located near the City. Check Airbnb and Gumtree, enter some approximate dates for an idea of the cost.

It's impossible to say which area would be best for you in terms of transport until you know what area you'll be working in.

charliecapaldi1 Jun 8th 2019 3:58 am

Excellent l!

That has helped at a lot as I wasn't sure sure myself how they are house tenants with no history!

teza Jun 10th 2019 11:09 am

Hello,

depends HUGELY when they did it. If it was boom time, people were head hunted for specific jobs, however mining boom is over and lot more competition per job ad.

Amazulu Jun 10th 2019 12:07 pm

Hello,

I work in mining project engineering and think that this would be highly unlikely at the moment. The mining industry is roaring back to life and job demand is tightening, but at the moment there are enough people available locally. This will change towards the end of this year and for the next few years but difficult right now

Just come and enjoy Australia - pick fruit, drink beer, travel, shag Danish backpackers

Good luck

Good luck

charliecapaldi1 Jun 10th 2019 1:27 pm

Hahhahhahahahahhaha

sounds like a god back up plan

charliecapaldi1 Jun 18th 2019 7:01 pm

Hello,

Could I give you a shout for when I come over? Or do you know any good recruitment agency’s over there mate?

Dorothy Jun 19th 2019 7:19 am

Originally Posted by charliecapaldi1 (Post 12699896)
Hello,

Could I give you a shout for when I come over? Or do you know any good recruitment agency’s over there mate?

Who are you replying to?

charliecapaldi1 Jun 19th 2019 7:23 am

Amazulu