Reload this Page >

Perth, 7weeks in...

Perth, 7weeks in...

Old Apr 8th 2003, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Matt & Jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth, 7weeks in...

Hello,

Well we finally arrived mid Feb and so far things have been going well. Bought a house south of the river, with a pool!!! 2 cars and a kitten called bubbles!!

Jemma has settled into school very well, and actually likes going.
The weather has been fab so far, although the weather forecast says we have rain and thunderstorms due in the next few days, not that bothers me, I am actually looking forward to it....

Arranging medicare, tax file no's, etc is very easy, did the tax file application on line (takes about 15 mins) Medicare is one form and within a week we had our cards. Passed our driving tests last week and we were as many expats were given HG licences!! So I think a career in trucking may be calling!!!

Our shipping arrived safely and on time, which really shocked me as I arranged it all myself, it arrived 2 days early it was where they told me it would be, customs cleared it within 24 hrs and the quarantine guy spent about 5 minutes poking around and then realeased it. No problems what so ever, in fact the only thing that concerned me was that it was too easy, but hey I am not complaining.

Haven't really started to look for work yet, did not bring my child minder with me, so have to find a job that fits in with school hours and holidays!! No the easiest of situations but I am sure something will turn up. Matt going to start looking for work next week, he is a welder and there are plenty of positions available for him.

Have met up with loads of the expats from this site. Sophia, Grub and Jopaulss are all lovely, and we have had some good parties, Matt unfortunatley does not remember most of them due to a serious overload of Aussie Beer!!!

Been to some fab beaches, they are all so clean and the water is clear and great for snorkelling and body boarding.

Keeping in touch with family and friends is easy, we have a moblie so we text home, there's the email and of course the phone $5.25 for 1 hour call to the UK.

To sum it all up, we are enjoying it all so far, do expect the homesickness etc to kick in one day, but we will deal with that if and when it comes.

Bye for now, it's so good to have the computer up and running again!! Missed you all.

Love Jo, Matt and Jemma x x x
Old Apr 8th 2003, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see that you are enjoying it over there. Hopefully that will be us in the not too distant future.

Claire
Old Apr 8th 2003, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Glad to hear everything is going well for you - hopefully that will be us in the not too distant future!!

Did you have a good look around the suburbs - which one did you actually go for? we're just interested in any feed back regarding where to live.

Good luck with everything

Mark & Julie
Old Apr 8th 2003, 6:25 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Re: Perth, 7weeks in...

Originally posted by Matt & Jo

Have met up with loads of the expats from this site. Sophia, Grub and Jopaulss are all lovely,
Good to hear from you,glad you're all doing o.k.
Not sure Grub'll want to introduce you to the Baldbutts family,unless we destroy the video evidence from our last get together.

BB-it wasn't me
Old Apr 8th 2003, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth, 7weeks in...

Hi and welcome back online.
It's great to hear it went so smoothly.

Who did you use for shipping as they obviously did a good job!

Hope to hear more soon. Thanks for the email too, I'll send a separate reply!
Mash...
Originally posted by Matt & Jo
Hello,

Our shipping arrived safely and on time, which really shocked me as I arranged it all myself, it arrived 2 days early it was where they told me it would be, customs cleared it within 24 hrs and the quarantine guy spent about 5 minutes poking around and then realeased it. No problems what so ever, in fact the only thing that concerned me was that it was too easy, but hey I am not complaining.

Love Jo, Matt and Jemma x x x
Old Apr 8th 2003, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

HowardB is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see some good news on this site. Good for you !! Which suberb are you in ?