Reload this Page >

Perth...6 months on

Perth...6 months on

Old Oct 26th 2004, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

brummie bird is on a distinguished road
Smile Perth...6 months on

Hello all,

Used this site very regular b4 coming to Perth, and loved it when people gave their account of life in Oz.

Arrived in May, Husband and two children. We both found jobs very quickly, Hubbie on 2nd job didnt like the first. There is loads of work if you will do anything. We are living in Carramar which is a lovely Golf course estate north Perth. We all absolutely love it.. love it. The beaches are beautiful, the shopping is good. We feel like we are on our holidays every weekend, we go Mindarie Harbour for breakfast on a Saturday morning and it is glourious. We are both in from work by 3pm, last night we went to Neil Hawkins Park at Joondalup and fed the beautiful parrots and Kangaroos, used the park BBQ to cook dinner and had cold beer. Other evenings we go for a game of tennis or a walk up the coastal path through the sand dunes at Burns Beach. We NEVER did anything like this as a family at home. We went to work came home, sat in front of TV all night. I honestly think the quality of our lives has improved immensley. Do not think its all a bed of roses however, wages are lower, food costs (In my opinion) about the same. There is stamp duty on everything that moves, and dont even get me started on trying to have our house built it takes forever dont even consider it, and I miss my family something terrible. The children took time to settle, but we are definately getting there.

Last weekend we went to the fab Margaret River, stood on a lookout on the cliffs and whatched Hump back Whales migrating south, we wouldn't have done that in Birmingham!!!

Everytime I am out on a beach, in a gorgeous park, a secluded bush walk, or a trendy cafe overlooking the river. I consider myself very very lucky that this is now my home, I cannot beleive I live here. I hope I will feel like this forever, and good luck for all of you waiting to hear about your visas. In my opinion it is worth the wait.

Angie X
Old Oct 26th 2004, 2:38 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth...6 months on

Originally Posted by brummie bird
Hello all,

Used this site very regular b4 coming to Perth, and loved it when people gave their account of life in Oz.

Arrived in May, Husband and two children. We both found jobs very quickly, Hubbie on 2nd job didnt like the first. There is loads of work if you will do anything. We are living in Carramar which is a lovely Golf course estate north Perth. We all absolutely love it.. love it. The beaches are beautiful, the shopping is good. We feel like we are on our holidays every weekend, we go Mindarie Harbour for breakfast on a Saturday morning and it is glourious. We are both in from work by 3pm, last night we went to Neil Hawkins Park at Joondalup and fed the beautiful parrots and Kangaroos, used the park BBQ to cook dinner and had cold beer. Other evenings we go for a game of tennis or a walk up the coastal path through the sand dunes at Burns Beach. We NEVER did anything like this as a family at home. We went to work came home, sat in front of TV all night. I honestly think the quality of our lives has improved immensley. Do not think its all a bed of roses however, wages are lower, food costs (In my opinion) about the same. There is stamp duty on everything that moves, and dont even get me started on trying to have our house built it takes forever dont even consider it, and I miss my family something terrible. The children took time to settle, but we are definately getting there.

Last weekend we went to the fab Margaret River, stood on a lookout on the cliffs and whatched Hump back Whales migrating south, we wouldn't have done that in Birmingham!!!

Everytime I am out on a beach, in a gorgeous park, a secluded bush walk, or a trendy cafe overlooking the river. I consider myself very very lucky that this is now my home, I cannot beleive I live here. I hope I will feel like this forever, and good luck for all of you waiting to hear about your visas. In my opinion it is worth the wait.

Angie X

Well said, I feel exactly the same way- living the dream.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Well done Angie and family glad you are settling well. I miss my family to something terrible, my brother and his wife a due to have a baby any day now and i am getting a bit upset as i cant be there never mind hey perhaps i might be able to pop back next year.
Goo0d luck for the future
Joanne
Old Oct 26th 2004, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Lovely post brummie bird,
Good to know all's going well for you. Missing family can get you down a bit, but at least it gives us some incentive to save.... (to pay that enormous airfare to go back and visit...!)
Old Oct 26th 2004, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

What a fantastic post.

Even though I was brought up in Perth and probably didn't spend my time doing things like you say, I know this is what I envisage when I bring hubby home in January. Living in the UK (which is lovely too) makes me realise how little advantage I took of living in God's own country.

Here's to Sunday breakfasts in Freo, markets and lovely walks.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:35 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Angie X[/QUOTE]

How nice to read a postive post..
Sounds like you and yours are enjoying your new life.
Good luck to you all

Deb.....
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:42 am
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations.

and the best weather has just started. Very happy for you.

(So have the flies, but you get used to them and they won't be here for too long I hope!).

Heaven on earth!

Johnnie
Old Oct 27th 2004, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

paul&sharon is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Perth...6 months on

Originally Posted by johnnie7au
Congratulations.

and the best weather has just started. Very happy for you.

(So have the flies, but you get used to them and they won't be here for too long I hope!).

Heaven on earth!

Johnnie
what a brilliant post, we to are hoping to go to perth, we are going on holiday in feb 2005 to visit friends who have lived there a long time and still feel the way you do, good luck with it all, can't wait to be living it as well.