Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth in 2 weeks any last minute advice lol

Perth in 2 weeks any last minute advice lol

Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough
Default Perth in 2 weeks any last minute advice lol

Hi all,
We are moving to Perth in 2 weeks time and just wondered if anyone had any last minute advice
We're sure we've got everything covered (thanks Melbert ), there is bound to be something we have missed or overlooked think we're just starting to panic
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:41 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth in 2 weeks any last minute advice lol

Enjoy it!!!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:52 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Dont forget to cancel the milk !

Dougie
Old Jul 29th 2009, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Bring a vest!! its bloody freezing in the mornings!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 7:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, don't do it!!!!!!

Take your woolies and enjoy.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:52 am
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough

had to scrape the ice off me ute this mornin
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:24 am
Life is for living

Mamma Minty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ivanjjordan
had to scrape the ice off me ute this mornin
It is fantastic. You will love it. Take your time to look around and make sure you visit Whitemans Park !!! But..... yeh, bring a jumper, can get chilly at the moment, but wont be long before Spring comes, then it is amazing. Good luck
Old Jul 29th 2009, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Bring a power strip adaptor so you can plug any uk stuff into the one strip and just get the one plug adaptor for it rather than haaving plug adaptors on everything. Also buy lots of clothes and books as they are damn expensive here, bring some walkers crisps and pg tips as both the equivilents here are crap

I am sure you will love perth, for a couple of months at least anyway. After 3 years here I have started to see it in a different light and dream of moving back to the uk one day
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

grays is on a distinguished road

Bring an unlocked mobile phone with you.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

NessieNoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Compared to Southern England imo it is not at all cold. It's already still light at 5:30 here so won't be long til it warms up... also it hasn't rained for 4 days now

I came here in January after two visits, both in winter, expected to have had enough by now... no way am I going back to the UK!

Things to remember... If you are living out of suitcases until your container arrives? Silly but a couple of Pillowcases from "home" really helped me. Other than that an open mind and a positive attitude! The ability to take the piss out of your situation and also the minute you think "It isn't like this at home"... remember that's because you are in a completely new country and the ONLY thing you really have in common with the Aussies is that you speak "English"

OK and true confessions... its ok to walk on the verges... the "grass spiders" won't bite you... I really, really thought that everywhere was going to be lined with poisonous insects... you can all laugh but... sure as, you know you all have had that moment of "fear"
Old Jul 29th 2009, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

wannabe in oz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
Hi all,
We are moving to Perth in 2 weeks time and just wondered if anyone had any last minute advice
We're sure we've got everything covered (thanks Melbert ), there is bound to be something we have missed or overlooked think we're just starting to panic
BEST OF LUCK GUYS, WE HOPE TO BE OUT THERE SOON OURSELVES. KEEP US POSTED ON HOW YOUR GETTING ON
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Best of luck. We are on holiday in Perth in 3 weeks time
Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all

After being in Perth for more than 4 years have decided enough is enough and moving to France,its a bit like groundhog day here in Perth,people in Perth seem to be stuck in there ways and dont like change much,LIFE is for living i,m off.But on the other hand a lot of people like the slowww pace of life over here,not everyones cup of tea i hasten to add Enjoy your new life down under .
Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mcmorrow1
After being in Perth for more than 4 years have decided enough is enough and moving to France,its a bit like groundhog day here in Perth,people in Perth seem to be stuck in there ways and dont like change much,LIFE is for living i,m off.But on the other hand a lot of people like the slowww pace of life over here,not everyones cup of tea i hasten to add Enjoy your new life down under .
And you're moving to France? Nothing EVER changes in France.

Hope it's Paris you're moving to. best of Luck to you and yours and hope you enjoy it.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all

i,ve experienced Perth life now for over 4 years and all i can say its not cheap,beaches are nice for a while , i have a good job over here, my own home and 2 cars ,but for my family and myself its not for us ,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.