British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   PERTH FOR 2 days (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-2-days-525074/)

TJUK Mar 28th 2008 12:59 pm

PERTH FOR 2 days

Hi all,

We are looking at a 2 day stay in Perth before moving up to Darwin early June. Any advice on nice posh hotels and where to visit, just me an OH, would like to treat her to a romantic couple of days but dont quite think she will agree that a round of golf is romantic as well :eek:

No doubt I will get a thick ear when she reads this!!

this charming man Mar 28th 2008 1:06 pm

Re: PERTH FOR 2 days

Perth to Darwin? Best get your "posh" in before you go there,posh in Darwin is matching thongs.
Try Richardson suites in Perth,Halo restaurant,Frasers,good vibe at the Belgian beer bar,Must wine bar,Brisbane hotel, Subiaco hotel,Harvest restaurant in Fremantle,steer clear of Northbridge unless you fancy some "track and field" events.

worzel Mar 28th 2008 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by TJUK (Post 6123471)
Hi all,

We are looking at a 2 day stay in Perth before moving up to Darwin early June. Any advice on nice posh hotels and where to visit, just me an OH, would like to treat her to a romantic couple of days but dont quite think she will agree that a round of golf is romantic as well :eek:

No doubt I will get a thick ear when she reads this!!

2 days isn't long and the best of Perth is not the CBD. But perhaps try a river cruise with Captain Cook with dinner and drinks included. Freo isn't far so you could allow yourself to be dragged round E Sheds and the central markets (it has a bar which you could pretend to discover) to earn brownie points then eat at Char Char Bull. In Perth try C restaurant for a rotating expensive elevated average meal but with great views of sunset or Matilda Bay, Halo, Swan Brewery for a meal. Surely one of those options will get you beer, food and a thank-you shag? What more could a guy want?;)

JRB Mar 28th 2008 1:28 pm

Go to Cottesloe (easy to get to by train from CBD), have lunch at the Indiana tea rooms on the beach, then explore the beach. Perhaps later got to the riverside at Mosman Park have dinner at Meads. Also Kings Park is always good and has a reasonable restaraunt and is right in the middle of the city. Subiaco or Claremont for coffee and browsing boutiques.

TJUK Mar 28th 2008 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 6123499)
2 days isn't long and the best of Perth is not the CBD. But perhaps try a river cruise with Captain Cook with dinner and drinks included. Freo isn't far so you could allow yourself to be dragged round E Sheds and the central markets (it has a bar which you could pretend to discover) to earn brownie points then eat at Char Char Bull. In Perth try C restaurant for a rotating expensive elevated average meal but with great views of sunset or Matilda Bay, Halo, Swan Brewery for a meal. Surely one of those options will get you beer, food and a thank-you shag? What more could a guy want?;)

She read this!! Now I have got a thick ear! Ouch!!

JPSUPERHOOPER Mar 28th 2008 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 6123499)

the thank you shag!:rofl:

im still laughing at that!

mind you is there any better kind:thumbsup:

worzel Mar 28th 2008 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by JPSUPERHOOPER (Post 6123656)
the thank you shag!:rofl:

im still laughing at that!

mind you is there any better kind:thumbsup:

It has been a long time since there was a shag for shag's sake.

These days the choices are:

the thank you shag
the pity shag
the shut him up shag
the birthday shag
the jealousy shag
the get-it-over-with-for-another-week shag...

TJUK Mar 28th 2008 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 6123683)

Eh month!! Must be doing something wrong....playing too much golf obviously!

this charming man Mar 28th 2008 3:54 pm

Try the lucky shag then Halo,2 birds 1 stone(so to speak).

mindblower Mar 28th 2008 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 6123683)

the thank you shag
the pity shag
the shut him up shag
the birthday shag
the jealousy shag

Every leap year for me these days