Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Personality tests?

Personality tests?

Old Dec 7th 2006, 12:31 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Personality tests?

Hi All
Went for a job interview yesterday and ended up with a spelling, IQ and personality test!!!!!
My god I've used a spell checker for years and boy did it show!
The IQ bit seemed good fun, she had a quick peek and said your intelligent, well thanks for that I thought. But the personaliy one was really good fun, I had a smaller version done a few weeks back and came up as a thinker but this one had more personalities in it so I am a Objective Thinker, I read the description and yep its me, don't know whether that is a good thing for them or bad really. Will have to wait and see.
Have any of you guys had to do a similar thing in Australia, its a first for me.

Jenny
Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Kimmy67 will become famous soon enoughKimmy67 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Personality tests?

Hey Jenny, what was the job?

Kim
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:19 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Saturday morning kids tv presenter???
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:23 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
Saturday morning kids tv presenter???

You don't need personality for that
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:29 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
You don't need personality for that

strictly come dancing host,new x factor judge???
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:37 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

strictly come dancing host,new x factor judge???
No sorry, no personality needed but a fine pair of jugs comes in handy
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sme
No sorry, no personality needed but a fine pair of jugs comes in handy
to right ,old vernon has got his hands full there...

there great aren't they jugs,what would a bloke do with out them?
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:06 am
sme
......in the sand !

to right ,old vernon has got his hands full there...

there great aren't they jugs,what would a bloke do with out them?

I have a bit of a soft spot for Vernon
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:54 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Personality tests?

Originally Posted by jensteve
Hi All
Went for a job interview yesterday and ended up with a spelling, IQ and personality test!!!!!
The IQ bit seemed good fun, she had a quick peek and said your intelligent, well thanks for that I thought. But the personaliy one was really good fun, I had a smaller version done a few weeks back and came up as a thinker but this one had more personalities in it so I am a Objective Thinker, I read the description and yep its me, don't know whether that is a good thing for them or bad really. Will have to wait and see.
Have any of you guys had to do a similar thing in Australia, its a first for me.

Jenny
Never had to do one in Australia, but I had to take one when applying for a job with the Royal Bank of Scotland here in the UK.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:56 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Never had to do one in Australia, but I had to take one when applying for a job with the Royal Bank of Scotland here in the UK.

Who'd have thought it - someone working in a bank with a personality
Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:26 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Personality tests?

Originally Posted by sme
Who'd have thought it - someone working in a bank with a personality
It surprised me, too!

Perhaps they were testing to see if I had one.

Perhaps that's why I didn't get the job!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:31 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I trialled this in my own company in the UK. Before I bought into the services of the company who operated this I wanted to see how it worked, so the staff all volunteered to do one.

Turns out that my top fee earners should have been crap at the job and most useless person we were about to sack should have excelled. Needless to say that we didnt implement it but did make me just a little suspicious that only real benefit was the rather large fee for the service offered.

I do sometimes wonder as to the real benefit of this personality tests especially in situations where people actively will lie and try to overthink responses in order to present themselves in the best possible light.

Just a personal experience and hope it all goes well!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:45 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
It surprised me, too!

Perhaps they were testing to see if I had one.

Perhaps that's why I didn't get the job!

Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:23 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jensteve
Hi All

Jenny
I'm Red in UK and Orange in Australia and in UK was also either a plant or a shaper I think then in some other Aussie thing I'm an NPL or something... all come down to I'm my own person not over emotional and style is more managerial (think that's polite for want my own way) and that I help lead decisions but say what I think etc. etc. found them all very interesting and amusing but they said you shouldn't change overall just be more aware of what others are which I can buy into as know lots of touchy feely greens in UK and Reds in Aus.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:16 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by annqldau
I'm Red in UK and Orange in Australia and in UK was also either a plant or a shaper I think then in some other Aussie thing I'm an NPL or something... all come down to I'm my own person not over emotional and style is more managerial (think that's polite for want my own way) and that I help lead decisions but say what I think etc. etc. found them all very interesting and amusing but they said you shouldn't change overall just be more aware of what others are which I can buy into as know lots of touchy feely greens in UK and Reds in Aus.
Thanks for the replies guys, its for another vet nursing job, all very strange but everyone to their own I suppose.
Jenny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.