Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

personalised number plates

personalised number plates

Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all
Default personalised number plates

we will be selling my car very soon but i have a personalised number plate,can i bring it with me and use it ,im sure ive read that you can in new zealand so i was wondering if you can in aus
sarah
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:51 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: personalised number plates

Originally Posted by sarahlou
we will be selling my car very soon but i have a personalised number plate,can i bring it with me and use it ,im sure ive read that you can in new zealand so i was wondering if you can in aus
sarah
NO

but you could go on www.ppq.com.au
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't really bring your plates with you but you can get personal plates here. The formats available will depend on which state you go to. Have a look at the website for the road authority for the state that you are going to (e.g. for Victoria look at Vicroads). You may be able to get the same format as your UK one (or not). You may get something better. They are not very expensive here.

And while we're on the subject this always makes me laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGyH8Kf_0Fg

Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahlou
sarah
Don't be daft, why would you think you could use a UK number plate in Australia?
Is it April 1st today?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Don't be daft, why would you think you could use a UK number plate in Australia?
Is it April 1st today?
trust you to be sarcastic, if you cant say anything positive then dont say it !
i asked the question because you can in another country, you have to be the rudest member ive come across
you give BE a bad name...now do us a favour and get lost,you picked on a 17yr old poster last week !!!!!
:curse::curse::curse:
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
You can't really bring your plates with you but you can get personal plates here. The formats available will depend on which state you go to. Have a look at the website for the road authority for the state that you are going to (e.g. for Victoria look at Vicroads). You may be able to get the same format as your UK one (or not). You may get something better. They are not very expensive here.

And while we're on the subject this always makes me laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGyH8Kf_0Fg

thanks for that and that is quite funny
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Antar is just really niceAntar is just really niceAntar is just really niceAntar is just really niceAntar is just really niceAntar is just really niceAntar is just really niceAntar is just really nice

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
NO

but you could go on www.ppq.com.au
Does that link cover all States? or does each state have its own? cheers
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

dj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the rough

Is it S4R4H ?

Seriously though, i wouldn't bother....personal plates are well cheap here. So cheap that when someone's got one nobody really looks at it anyway as everyone seems to have them.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Antar
Every state will have its own site. For personalised plates in SA go to http://www.ezyreg.sa.gov.au/ezyreg/ezyplates.htm.

Up to $240/year for personalised plates here. The cost varies depending on how customised you want the plate to be.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:56 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Antar
QLD for that site.

299 i think+ for basic like mine

Telephone numbers for the wifes plate !!!

Someone bought 888 888 from ppq auction few months back for 110k ! lol

Just so ya know, the system in oz, is different to uk.

Whereas in uk, you have to purchase plates that were released in date/chronological order.

here , well in QLD. you can make any plate you want, if its available and your prepared to pay.

Beats having to change your name to D356 HWK by deedpoll, to match your plate
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:21 am
Just Joined

dj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the rough

Or even more annoying, using black number plate screws and 'cleverly' placing it to make a new letter..
Sad, sad, sad!!!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:31 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

QLD for that site.

299 i think+ for basic like mine

Telephone numbers for the wifes plate !!!

Someone bought 888 888 from ppq auction few months back for 110k ! lol

Just so ya know, the system in oz, is different to uk.

Whereas in uk, you have to purchase plates that were released in date/chronological order.

here , well in QLD. you can make any plate you want, if its available and your prepared to pay.

saw a cracker today in bonogin on a cop car

heat4

i kid you not
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:33 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
saw a cracker today in bonogin on a cop car

heat4

i kid you not
mate is this naff,,give it to me straight...

aston
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

ulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Is it April 1st today?
It's actually not that daft.

Organised events requiring an identfication plate, can use a registration plate from another country. As long as the plate is unique within the event and the event is appropriately insured, it can be used. I have looked into this.

As an example from which my curiosity stemmed, at an event in the UK 2 years ago, I noticed a Ferrari with a VIC rego on it so upon talking to the driver who had his vehicle shipped over for this event, he explained what they do.

The main thing is the vehicle is uniquely identifiable in the event of infringements/accidents and carrying organiser livery assists in this.

I am not aware of any ruling permitting the use of a UK registration plate soley on the roads here in Oz. Plates here are metal and are issued by the State Road Authority not plastic and from a locksmiths or Halfords.

vplates.com.au is the Vic Roads one which has no annual fee other than your rego which would equate to a similar $$ value to UK road tax on a large car.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:13 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
Every state will have its own site. For personalised plates in SA go to http://www.ezyreg.sa.gov.au/ezyreg/ezyplates.htm.

Up to $240/year for personalised plates here. The cost varies depending on how customised you want the plate to be.

Cheers

Steve
added bonus in sa is havin certain combo`s,for example 5 letters 1 number is a 1 off payment of 170 bucks(rural) you keep the plate as long as you want with no yearly fee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.