Personal Zones

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute
Default Personal Zones

Hi All,

Has anyone had any experiences regarding Australian personal zones ? I mean say people moving from a highly denise population to a lowly dense population ?

Its to do with how people react when someone enters their 'personal' zone which can vary depending on the size and openess of a country. So if you lived in say London and get the tube every morning you would be used to poeple standing fairly close to you whereas in lesser crowed places poeple would be used to people not stading as close to them and thus react differently.

Just wondered if anyone had noticed that in Oz people generally retain their distances from each other (which shouldnt be interpreted as a personal thing but a cultural one)

Anyway thought it might be an interesting thread to see how people have adopted to change.

Cheers

C
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:34 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: Personal Zones

It's not something I noticed when I lived there, pretty similar to the UK (I'm from London). I'm sure others have other experiences.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:39 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Personal Zones

Originally Posted by chaval
Hi All,

Has anyone had any experiences regarding Australian personal zones ? I mean say people moving from a highly denise population to a lowly dense population ?

Its to do with how people react when someone enters their 'personal' zone which can vary depending on the size and openess of a country. So if you lived in say London and get the tube every morning you would be used to poeple standing fairly close to you whereas in lesser crowed places poeple would be used to people not stading as close to them and thus react differently.

Just wondered if anyone had noticed that in Oz people generally retain their distances from each other (which shouldnt be interpreted as a personal thing but a cultural one)

Anyway thought it might be an interesting thread to see how people have adopted to change.

Cheers

C
hi,

I find people generally quite tactile and stand close when talking to you. Big on handshakes and I think less inhibited by you entering their personal space........just my opinion though!

Phil x
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:47 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
Hi All,
Its to do with how people react when someone enters their 'personal' zone which can vary depending on the size and openess of a country.
C
Are you a "frotter" by any chance?

http://www.jackwasey.com/frotting/

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Are you a "frotter" by any chance?

http://www.jackwasey.com/frotting/

LOL...not sommit ive ever considered